Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here.

I picked up a 2013 GT-R w/30k miles on a trade opportunity. Long story short, it has a few issues that I'll need some technical assistance with along the way. I've lingered the forum for a few days already and found some useful info on trans related issues and bolt-on upgrades. Looking forward to contributing, learning and sharing.

Cheers!

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet. Congrats. I've had my 2013 for 6 years and luv it every day.

What are the issues you refer to?
Much appreciated!

For starters it has a transmission issue when you "step" on it. Drives normal under "normal" driving conditions... ie... shifting thru gears and going miles without a problem until I decide to "get" on it. I've read it may be a sensor which requires dropping the trans and getting to it... I may bring it into Sean Ivey as the shop is close to home for them to diagnose and fix the issue. Unless everyone with an opinion thinks its something that can be done at home with limited garage space. Its not a daily driver for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Are you able to see if there are any codes thrown?

Alexd

Reactions: GTR-ER

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratulations! I will say though something looks off w/ the head lights and the wheels. The car looks as if its a 09 w/ a dba bumper. I hope you verified w/ the cars vin #. regardless clean car brother and welcome. I bought my 14 last year, and preparing to do some basic service stuff such as a trans fluid , diff fluid, brake pads and oil change before next spring starts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congratulations! I will say though something looks off w/ the head lights and the wheels. The car looks as if its a 09 w/ a dba bumper. I hope you verified w/ the cars vin #. regardless clean car brother and welcome. I bought my 14 last year, and preparing to do some basic service stuff such as a trans fluid , diff fluid, brake pads and oil change before next spring starts.
Congratulations to you as well!

I have the complete history on it dating back to the original owner. However, I was duped without a doubt & trying to make some lemonade at this point.

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,977 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

Happy Motoring…

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
As of now, P0700.
The code basically is ECU to TCM communications problem. You could clear it and see if it comes back. You could visually check for cable/terminal problems, but beyond that a good shop could advise you of the next steps to take.

Alexd

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The code basically is ECU to TCM communications problem. You could clear it and see if it comes back. You could visually check for cable/terminal problems, but beyond that a good shop could advise you of the next steps to take.

Alexd
Thanks for the info Alexd. I’ll check the cable and I’ve already scheduled an appointment with my local tuner for next week. Keep you posted on what is found.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts