Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
the replacement nsx is more infamous than the loch ness monster

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sorry, I took one look at those pictures and couldn't go on...

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
that's what 1980's design students thought we'd all be driving in that far out place called the early 21st century

they were wrong

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
What the problem is... is that they used images of the dualnote even tho it wont be anything like the dualnote except a way more advanced driveline.

I think honda gets that its not the greatest in the style department, i think alots at stake here with the design and it will look nothing like the dualnote and alot of care should go into the design. as alot is riding on it.

SH-AWD with electric front wheels doesnt sound bad at all... thats alot of torque to the front wheels. for 100k it will be pretty good, not GT-R Performance good but it will probably be worth all that 100k in other area's and will probably be smoking fast.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm really curious as to why this car has received so much praise and respect from enthusiasts - hope to be have an experience in one soon!

I speak of course of the original NSX, not this 80's time machine-mobile

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
i think i won the dualnote by clocking need for speed 2

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
The driving experience is the best ever from Japan (never driven the Lexus super car). The seating, the balance, the revving were all ahead of it's time. Even 20 years later, it is still the most exotic look, lowest ride car from Japan. Power is it's problem as 95% of people like fast straight car's.

I'm really curious as to why this car has received so much praise and respect from enthusiasts - hope to be have an experience in one soon!

I speak of course of the original NSX, not this 80's time machine-mobile

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
+1 even the one eyed euro snobs need to give the nsx credit

if the nsx wasnt borne, ferraris and lambos would still be hard riding, unergonomic, and unreliable

·
Registered
7,398 Posts
yeah i mean that is his car as it was caught during filming the final scene in the movie.. although its a convertible and i guess they need to add headlights
I hope it doesn't just disappear like the other futuristic cars (Minority Report Lexus, IRobot Audi, Mission Impossible BMW, etc...).

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
honda has reported that the car you see there will NOT be the nsx (the tony stark car)... thats just what they said, doesnt mean its not true later down the road, but i believe it wont be.
also the HSV is based on this car - http://www.zerotohun...out-camouflage/
and has been shelved due to them being dedicated to be 100% green and the market not doing so well and as a successor due to its lack of performance compared to the gt-r (and its huge expense)... a reduced cost version may get put into the lineup as a sports car rather.

this report from oct 2011 http://www.egmcartec...sx-replacement/
Honda's R&D boss Mibe Toshihiro has confirmed that an NSX is in development. The catch is however, that the replacement will most likely either be a hybrid or an EV NSX replacement.
will honda release an NSX? yes, but when and will it be a supercar? no it will not be a supercar but it will be plenty fast, it will be EV or hybrid and it will be able to corner very well like the prior car...

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
There isn't much more you can do. Honda has said that's not going into production that's what I know for sure. Everyone believes what they want to believe tho.

Well just have to wait and see. One of these big auto shows we will see a version of it then the production version will probably look way more plain than the concept version later on down the road. That cars ugly enough for Honda tho... They have a bad track record on looks and they know it. It might be the same size as that car tho... Which sounds good to me.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.