Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Ok. I am working on a Nismo deal. Msrp for the Nismo and 75 grand for my 2013 BE GMG GTR. My car has only 1500 miles on it because I bought it new in February of this year. It's flawless and has a $3000 clear protection package. It also has a full warrantee. What do you guys think?

· Registered
2,604 Posts
Don't forget u also aren't gonna pay tax on full purchase price since u are trading in. That alone can be 3-8k depending on ur tax rate.

Take the deal

· Founder/Admin
26,011 Posts
is that 75K including all of your taxes. with or without the exhaust? if so you are getting what mid 70's for your 13? I would probably take that if you can hand them the keys and be out of it and into a NISMO. the market is soft right now and I would be scared to have to sell one right now for decent money if it was the factor on getting a NISMO or not

· Registered
3,995 Posts
Wow the car is only a few months into it's warranty.
The tax advantage of the trade is a real factor.

· Registered
529 Posts
you should also consider how much you paid for your 13 BE. In Feb people were getting killer deals on 14's and some 13's. so if you paid low to mid 80's for your 13 BE and can get 75 for it on trade now I would jump on that....Plus NISMO at MSRP is a value. Even if there is a 17 NISMO I doubt any NISMO will ever sell much below MSRP new. do it, do it, do it.

· Founder/Admin
26,011 Posts
Aren't I still buying at msrp and paying the tax on the Nismo even though my trade goes into the deal?
what we are taking about is in most states I think you would pay the % tax on the difference so you would pay tax on 75K not 150-160K so it cuts your tax in half. depending on the % you are talking 3-5k+

so anytime you consider a private sale you need to factor that in

· Registered
3,769 Posts
What state do you live in....

· Alberta Oil & Gas
5,799 Posts
If he's in California he will pay FULL tax on the whole car value. No tax break for value of a traded in car here... :(
That's brutal...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.