Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Hey guys,

I thought I would share this with you guys and maybe save some of you a whole lot of $$$. I, like many on here love the Nismo gauges but when i found out just how much they cost i couldn't justify spending that kind of cash for a simple color change. Lucky i found someone that makes vinyl overlays that you simply stick onto your OEM cluster. Taking the cluster out was easy and only took me 30 mins. There are instructions online on how to do this. Applying the overlays was the hardest part, make sure you use heat and a little stretching to get them lined up. Having a very steady hand helps! I would say the carbon speedometer lined up 95% perfectly while the tachometer was 99% perfect. These overlays are laser cut and for what they are pretty spot on. He also includes the "Nismo" lettering overlay but I choose not to apply those since my car isn't a Nismo
. Hope you guys enjoy and for $130 and 1 hour of my time i can't complain.

PDF how to for the cluster removal can be downloaded here:
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/63899-gauge-light-blacklite-fixed-cluster-removal-how-to-added/

John

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Top notch work! Wish you lived closer

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If anyone is interested in this, I would HIGHLY suggest going with Legertas for the Nismo cluster. I wish I would have had him do it and I could have saved a TON of money and not bought the NISMO one.

If anyone remembers he is the guy that has the total retrofit of the NAV unit to CBA giving us high res displays and newest functions found on the current cars. His customer service is beyond outstanding troubleshooting all fo my wierd reverse camera aftermarket kit to work with the new NAV.

His cluster is already getting the same reviews.

and to reiterate....it's NOT A VINYL OVERLAY! This guy is too high quality for that!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice, does he have a website for this? And how much is it?

·
Registered
369 Posts
If anyone is looking for a set of these I just got my set in but I'm thinking of just re-selling them. I bought them off one of those companies in the UK, took a few weeks to come in too. I have a carbon speedometer, carbon tachometer, and 1 NISMO tachometer overlay too. $50 shipped for each one if anyone wants one or all of them. I bought one of each because I couldn't decide.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.