Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,246 Posts
I know a handful of members on here who have. It's all about having a relationship with the dealer I guess

Last time I checked there were 20 some NISMOs on cars.com I bet MSRP is more feasible now..maybe still not the norm but not unheard of like last fall

·
Founder/Admin
26,246 Posts
On a car that rare and expensive if you really want it that isn't too bad of a deal. If it isn't a matter of principal of not paying over sticker 3500 isn't a big deal as sales tax in states can vary almost that much or other variables.

10k plus is what I've seen a lot of them go when dealers were initially asking 25+ over

So I would push for MSRP but 3500 is on the low side of markups when these things do go over. Like I said the fact that most of the 2016s wernt spoken for have made it a bit more of a buyers market on these than last year when they were harder to get

With a few dozen on lots MSRP to Under 5K over is where I see the market right now as about half the 16s are sitting

If they continue these for 17 you might see values slightly hurt but rebound down the road

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
If they're at $3,500 over they'll go to MSRP.....if not they're not very bright....

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm dealing directly with the sales mgr, we talked again today... I told him I might do the $2k, but he has to do a full clear bra for me.....guess I'll see what happens tomorrow

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I'm dealing directly with the sales mgr, we talked again today... I told him I might do the $2k, but he has to do a full clear bra for me.....guess I'll see what happens tomorrow
Play their game....call the sales manager and tell them you'll come in to do the paperwork for MSRP today or no deal at all....

forget the clear bra, get it done by a shop of your choosing....

Sent from my SM-N915V using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got mine for the MSRP a few weeks ago.
The dealer I went to (in MO) didn't have one but they found one in CT...I just had to pay for shipping.
It took them a few days to find one that would do it for the MSRP.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congratulations, yeah these SoCal dealers are hard to bargain with. I'm still negotiating :(
Yeah I'm in cal too and I am negotiating as well. Hang in there and you should be able to get it for msrp. There are cars all over the nation right now and most have been sitting for awhile because of the ridiculous mark ups. Some of the dealers are starting to wake up to reality.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy that amazing Nismo.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts