Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve logged on here. Hopefully everyone is doing good. I can’t believe where the prices of GTRs are at the current moment. Makes me regret selling my previous ones.

Thinking about getting another one.. so my question is.. what’s better for the $?

1.50th anniversary edition GTR for about 125-135

or

2. Nismo GTR if I can find one at the right price lol.

interested in your feedback!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What year NISMO? 125K-135K it will be old or beat up...jmho ...If you got to have a NISMO get one...you dont want to do that shoulda,woulda, coulda mind fuck...Get what you want and dont look back...Happy Hunting...

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,313 Posts
The Nismo is a special car, it will probably hold an "X" Factor a bit better than the other GTR's.
If you can swing it $ wise, do it.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found a 2018 Nismo for 189k msrp is 177k..

i never thought I would’ve be searching for GTRs at this price 🤣

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi,

I'm pretty sure I remember you from a few years ago. You have quite a collection of cars!

My vote is actually neither, but get a Track Edition.

The Anniversary isn't worth it for what you get and the Nismo is insanely overpriced but I mean, its the holy grail.

The Track has Nismo pieces, cc brakes etc, should hold on to value and it's pretty rare.

Other option is to get a reasonably built EBA, Cicio, Ams, etc and have fun!

Good luck!

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,313 Posts
Hi,

I'm pretty sure I remember you from a few years ago. You have quite a collection of cars!

My vote is actually neither, but get a Track Edition.

The Anniversary isn't worth it for what you get and the Nismo is insanely overpriced but I mean, its the holy grail.

The Track has Nismo pieces, cc brakes etc, should hold on to value and it's pretty rare.

Other option is to get a reasonably built EBA, Cicio, Ams, etc and have fun!

Good luck!
That's a good thought, but I have questions.

On my Nismo, the chassis/joints/seals are far different than my premium. Just the chassis alone
created such a big difference in handling. Is the track edition made with the extra Nismo chassis preparations?

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's a good thought, but I have questions.

On my Nismo, the chassis/joints/seals are far different than my premium. Just the chassis alone
created such a big difference in handling. Is the track edition made with the extra Nismo chassis preparations?
I can't say for sure but a quick google search:

Nissan market their Track Edition as “Engineered by NISMO for better on-track performance” and therefore makes the ideal starting point for our new higher performance variant. The standard Nissan Track Edition features the chassis enhancements of the full Nismo model including:

• Wider front track
  • Wider front wings
  • Seam welded and reinforced chassis
  • Larger hubs and wheel studs
  • Nismo front suspension arms
  • Nismo/Bilstein damptronic suspension
  • Hollow upgraded anti roll bars
  • Lightweight and wider Nismo forged alloy wheels (-2.5kg each)
  • Dunlop N1 Tyres
  • Track Edition interior build plaque
  • Optional lightweight carbon rear spoiler
  • Optional carbon rear boot lid
  • Optional carbon backed Recaro seats
  • Optional carbon roof
  • Optional ceramic brakes
Yes that's an older model and different spec (U.K.) but it seems the formula is the same for the track edition.

However I do fully agree Nismo is the way to go, once you can afford it. But if not this might be the next best thing.

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,313 Posts
Perfect! If seam welded and reinforced chassis emulates a real Nismo, This would be a great way to go.

One thing about the Nismo's are the liability and lack of part support. Crack or damage a front or rear bumper GOD FORBID and you're $hit out of luck for months waiting for an OEM part.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Genò!!!

Genò brings up an important point. All carbon fiber parts on Nismo are made by a company in Japan (Challenge). I recall a forum member needed a new rear bumper, after a soccer mom bumped into and cracked his rear bumper… I believe it took him almost a year to get the new carbon fiber bumper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
this is true . to my knowledge none of the replacement body parts are stocked regularly in the US. they are all special order so replacements before the whole supply chain issues were a scary prospect for both the wallet and time. I cant imagine what you would go through to get a new bumper for a NISMO these days

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
Perfect! If seam welded and reinforced chassis emulates a real Nismo, This would be a great way to go.
it does. the track edition is basically a real NISMO sans bodywork and interior. for the US market since we dont get the carbon seats anyway the interior is less of a difference and its mostly just the Aero

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Actually I had a 2018 track edition at the beginning of this year. And it was a tough sale because of limited numbers.
The Nismo I’m looking at is a 2018 with 800 miles.
I got them down to 185k

the track edition that nexus has is an awesome car.. but for 20k more you can get a Nismo? Why spend 160k for a track edition that looks just like a premium?Just my opinion

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,962 Posts

·
Nismo Owners Car Club
2,313 Posts
Actually I had a 2018 track edition at the beginning of this year. And it was a tough sale because of limited numbers.
The Nismo I’m looking at is a 2018 with 800 miles.
I got them down to 185k

the track edition that nexus has is an awesome car.. but for 20k more you can get a Nismo? Why spend 160k for a track edition that looks just like a premium?Just my opinion
why are you still typing here on this great forum? GO GET IT>

photos please.

·
Vendor
1,534 Posts
Sorry guys been a busy few days but have to chime in here for whatever my word is worth lol

To me Premium, 50th Anniv, T-Spec are all just premium GT-Rs with some sauce over them. But the price point is good however I have seen some people pay way over MSRP for T-Spec (no idea why but their money their choice)

Now to @alilodhi question. Knowing him and the way he switches car he might be happy with a regular premium. However if he is wanting a long term R35 collector then this is the correct order

1. 20, 21, 22 NISMO
2. 20 Track Edition
3 17-19 NISMO
4 15-16 NISMO

2020 Track Edition is a real hidden jewel. Super limited just like 2020 NISMO but better priced. 2014, 2018 and 19 Track Editions were basically premiums with carbon spoiler, BE Wheels and seats. Shame to even call them that.

2020 Track Edition is literally a NISMO with limited numbers and performance along with Carbon roof etc etc we already talked about.

As someone who has driven pretty much every variation of GT-Rs I was truly impressed with the 2020 TE and felt I was in a 2020 NISMO.

@crepr12 - Unfortunately the biggest issue with NISMO and TE or any over 100K Nissan is that even Nissan Financial has hard time giving guys a loan LOL! So many times I have to explain to the banks why a NISSAN costs so much money. So usually and mostly my NISMO buyers are wire transfer ones hence it takes a bit to move them. Or we have a well qualified buyer which happened on TE 3 times but their trade is upside down or I have zero interest in taking whatever they are trying to trade in. Rather be stuck with a GT-R than some German or Italian junk TBH :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts