Nissan GT-R Forum banner
101 - 120 of 154 Posts

·
Callous Disregard
444 Posts
2022 SOLD OUT.

Nissan has now stopped accepting orders after three months with all examples accounted for. Nissan has confirmed that 99 per cent of customers opted for the GT-R Nismo Special Edition rather than the standard model and approximately half of the customers also opted for the new Nismo Stealthy Gray paint finish.

Source Carscoops

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
2022 SOLD OUT.

Nissan has now stopped accepting orders after three months with all examples accounted for. Nissan has confirmed that 99 per cent of customers opted for the GT-R Nismo Special Edition rather than the standard model and approximately half of the customers also opted for the new Nismo Stealthy Gray paint finish.

Source Carscoops
I dont understand this story as on sale and pricing havent even been announced in the US yet. I knew of a few guys on here who were looking to order one but last I checked there were no details yet. so the fact its sold out just seems odd. lets say the US gets half of the 300 or even 1/3. when is the last time 100 or 150 NISMOs at over 200K sold that fast in the US? the 2020/21 were just a handful built and sold here. nissan sold 49 GTRs in Q2 of 2021 and they already sold out at least double that to a car that costs double what a GTR costs?

maybe they did and I just didnt get the memo. but if so who had a chance to even order one?

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Maybe they were all ordered by dealers ????

Reactions: GTRheritage

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I think people think is going to be like the last production R34 .The price never dropped just when up after it was released and production stopped.

If people didn’t get any Nismo when they were as low as 97k (2015) they can forget about seeing or getting one that cheap ever again.

Right now there is only 2 used Nismo for sale in the USA ,that is crazy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Time will if the story is true..But dare I say this isn't a normal NISMO..So if not Dealers to keep as show room Art ..its collectors hoping to make a buck in 30 or so years, or may be their kids kids will turn a profit on a niche vehicle..idk but the more I look at the more I like it..But 200k+ doesn't jive with my retirement plans... I'm going back to the dark side. My next vehicle purchase will be a C8Z....The 50th will get a new stable mate

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I think that is why Acura is doing the same with the last NSX last Edition for it can sell what is left to make them Collectible cars.
I love the way the new C8 ZR1 is looking ,that is the new car everybody wants and that is gong to be $200+ after dealer markups also infection unless you pre order it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
Japanese Pricing for the special edition is 24.64 Million yen or about 224K USD which makes it about 5K more than the standard NISMO which costs roughly 219K in Japan

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Makes me sad. I have 47k miles on my Nismo. Wish I could get another

·
Registered
10,119 Posts
Time will if the story is true..But dare I say this isn't a normal NISMO..So if not Dealers to keep as show room Art ..its collectors hoping to make a buck in 30 or so years, or may be their kids kids will turn a profit on a niche vehicle..idk but the more I look at the more I like it..But 200k+ doesn't jive with my retirement plans... I'm going back to the dark side. My next vehicle purchase will be a C8Z....The 50th will get a new stable mate
I agree. Anyone that would buy this car as an investment needs a better planner, especially these days.

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
2022 SOLD OUT.

Source Carscoops
This story seems true. The US is only getting like only 10-20 NISMOs and all seem to be accounted for already

101 - 120 of 154 Posts