Nissan GT-R Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Technically suspension tuning is changed slightly firmer, between Prem and Nismo, no?
yeah I think in that live stream it mentioned something about a suspension tweak for this car. but they say that every year

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
If any forum member seriously wants a T spec let me know before end of next week as im going to send a list over to Nissan then

·
Registered
66 Posts
Actually seems like it would be a fun daily - has the CCMs (or looks like it does), the modern luxury bits, not that expensive comparably speaking given that the brakes are over 10K alone. Were i not moving to a place where i may run over a yetti, it might be a fun way to practice without raking up 5 GTA stars in a single pull :).
Don't worry, GT-Rs are a lot of fun in snowy places.

·
Registered
47 Posts
To me the midnight purple is stunning. Sold my BE several months ago and I've been looking again since.

@MC...do you think this is near the end of the line or do you forsee a true "final edition" for the R35?

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
To me the midnight purple is stunning. Sold my BE several months ago and I've been looking again since.

@MC...do you think this is near the end of the line or do you forsee a true "final edition" for the R35?
I mean they are clearly already in the end of life special edition mode right now. if 2023 is actually still a R35 production year I can see some super limited model they produce a handful of sure. If someone one would have told me this T spec was the final R35 I would have believed it

I found it kind of odd this T spec and the Special edition NISMO GTR are 2021 models in the US but 2022 in Japan. there hasnt been word about the regular 2022 for the US yet when japans regular 2022 non T spec line up was also announced. If these T spec show up late in the fall / winter that means Nissan usa can extend the 2021 model year an extra half year.

oh by the way I see your screen name. hopefully my panthers will get you guys this sunday. I will be there in person

·
Registered
47 Posts
I mean they are clearly already in the end of life special edition mode right now. if 2023 is actually still a R35 production year I can see some super limited model they produce a handful of sure. If someone one would have told me this T spec was the final R35 I would have believed it

I found it kind of odd this T spec and the Special edition NISMO GTR are 2021 models in the US but 2022 in Japan. there hasnt been word about the regular 2022 for the US yet when japans regular 2022 non T spec line up was also announced. If these T spec show up late in the fall / winter that means Nissan usa can extend the 2021 model year an extra half year.

oh by the way I see your screen name. hopefully my panthers will get you guys this sunday. I will be there in person
Thanks for your insight. I'm going to get another which will likely be a "forever car" before all is said and done. I would love a Nismo but that price tag is hard to justify. To me the T spec fits the bill as it's unique and I seriously doubt I'd ever see another in my location (MS). I can't decide if I should pull the trigger on this or wait and see what's in store.

And as for the Panthers...GL. I think it will be close. Hopefully Jameis will play as well as he did last week. We will need it. Several key injuries and Covid has taken a hit on the staff this week.

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Ive gotten some interest from a handful of members about the T spec. If you havent contacted me yet and want one of these go ahead and reach out as im going to send over a list to my contact here in a day or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just as a data point, I had reached out to a dealer here in Northern California (who is a GT-R dealer). The salesperson wasn’t even familiar with the T Spec but told me I should expect 20% markup and wasn’t
willing to write up a purchase agreement yet. Can anybody speak to whether special edition GT-Rs are truly special ordered, or if they’re just allocations for top dealers?

I ran into a similar experience trying to get an allocation for the yellow Civic Type R (I’m a huge Honda fanboy, currently have an S2000 CR and others) which I REALLY wanted. So I was number one on the list but the dealer wasn’t willing to lock in a price before they got the VIN number… by that time they put others on the list and raised the price to over $80k out the door. I passed.

Is anybody ready to pay a markup on the T Spec?

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Just as a data point, I had reached out to a dealer here in Northern California (who is a GT-R dealer). The salesperson wasn't even familiar with the T Spec but told me I should expect 20% markup and wasn't
willing to write up a purchase agreement yet. Can anybody speak to whether special edition GT-Rs are truly special ordered, or if they're just allocations for top dealers?

I ran into a similar experience trying to get an allocation for the yellow Civic Type R (I'm a huge Honda fanboy, currently have an S2000 CR and others) which I REALLY wanted. So I was number one on the list but the dealer wasn't willing to lock in a price before they got the VIN number… by that time they put others on the list and raised the price to over $80k out the door. I passed.

Is anybody ready to pay a markup on the T Spec?
from what I can tell they are by allocation and are distributed out to dealers by Nissan USA based on factors like volume. I got the feeling that you cant just walk in and order one. you can request one and that dealer would work with their DOM ( Nissan rep) who might try to get one for that dealer but for example on a NISMO or a Special car like a T spec smaller market dealers probably dont even have a chance. these cars get bought up by dealership owners ect or only come to the biggest dealers. This is why I reached out to Nissan about the T Spec as in the crazy market we are in I figured real enthusiasts who deserve one might not have a fair shot at it. I asked about the NISMO but it seems they are already all accounted for. I was told the US is getting around 10 or so but less than 20. you might see a few pop up for sale but probably the dealer owners car. I dont know of anyone who has one of the actually ordered as it seemed they were sold out weeks ago before pricing was even known.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lots of interesting information so far, so thanks.

To add another data point, I've been checking with a couple local dealers. Some out-right told me they weren't getting any and couldn't get one, and some had to check with their GSMs (who I assumed tried reaching out to the regional reps). In the end, I did eventually find a dealership that seemed pretty confident in their ability to secure an allocation and I put down a $2,000 deposit. I also received in writing - from the sales rep & GSM - that the car will be sold to me at MSRP. Availability seems to be still largely unknown at this point, but I seem to have found a pretty motivated dealer. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What part of the country do you live in? Most of the dealers in the northwest don"t even know Nissan has a T-spec GTR.

Lots of interesting information so far, so thanks.

To add another data point, I've been checking with a couple local dealers. Some out-right told me they weren't getting any and couldn't get one, and some had to check with their GSMs (who I assumed tried reaching out to the regional reps). In the end, I did eventually find a dealership that seemed pretty confident in their ability to secure an allocation and I put down a $2,000 deposit. I also received in writing - from the sales rep & GSM - that the car will be sold to me at MSRP. Availability seems to be still largely unknown at this point, but I seem to have found a pretty motivated dealer. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What part of the country do you live in? Most of the dealers in the northwest don"t even know Nissan has a T-spec GTR.
West of the Mississippi, but not as far as the coastal states. ?

If this dealer is able to pull through with an allocation, I'll be a little more forthcoming. I'm trying not to get my, or anyone else's, hopes up. I definitely had my share of clueless sales reps. I had to actually show a few the press release.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Best of luck! hope you get one!

West of the Mississippi, but not as far as the coastal states. ?

If this dealer is able to pull through with an allocation, I'll be a little more forthcoming. I'm trying not to get my, or anyone else's, hopes up. I definitely had my share of clueless sales reps. I had to actually show a few the press release.

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
61 - 80 of 110 Posts