Nissan GT-R Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have contacted multiple dealers. Most dealers know nothing. I have a dealer I’m working with that seems motivated but can’t confirm they are getting one. Did anyone hear anything yet on T Spec allocations? It’s looking like they just received T Specs in Australia

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep. Radio silence on my end too. Communication from Nissan appears inconsistent with their press page stating US deliveries will occur "this winter" which if they interpret literally, could be into 2022, but the T-Spec detail page says "Late 2021". Trying to be patient...

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
There's one listed right now on CarGurus out in MD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Already called that dealership. It’s midnight purple and it already has a deposit. It will not be arriving at the dealership in Maryland until January. Is in the process of being built as a 2021. Just called 22 more dealerships in the Midwest, and they want me to "come in" when they cant even confirm they are getting one. This will be my first "Nissan" and I don't think dealerships care about selling these things. I still have hope. I've been calling dealers since the announcement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interesting that dealer already has a VIN yet other dealers don't seem to have a clue about these cars. I wonder if it's valid?

Do they build LHD and RHD cars together or will they do the complete run of RHD cars before changing the line over?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just checked with my Nissan connect and the VIN is in fact valid. He confirms the car will arrive in Maryland in January. Though this still does not help myself as I am trying to secure one. But more info is starting to trickle out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I heard most are going to be delivered in the first two weeks of January. I heard US market will be getting around 20units but might be more. Im Hoping to pick one up as well. Talked to a few dealers to see. Most don't know the exact price and what they will want over MSRP.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got an allocation on a green car, supposed to arrive in Dec. I'm in Texas, dealer in Indiana (if that's helpful). My understanding is that this dealer is getting one car. They had purple allocation and were able to change to green.

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I heard most are going to be delivered in the first two weeks of January. I heard US market will be getting around 20units but might be more. Im Hoping to pick one up as well. Talked to a few dealers to see. Most don't know the exact price and what they will want over MSRP.
I was told directly from Nissan around 50 but that was back in September. will be interesting to see how many actually show up

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got an allocation on a green car, supposed to arrive in Dec. I'm in Texas, dealer in Indiana (if that's helpful). My understanding is that this dealer is getting one car. They had purple allocation and were able to change to green.
Nice, congrats! I'm after a Millennium Jade one as well. I tried calling my sales rep and GSM today, but they were both OOO until later in the week. The anticipation is building!

You can threaten to take your business to another dealership if they play that mark-up game. That's what I did and they countered with MSRP which was my goal from the beginning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Also of interest, my dealer told me that if I did the purple car the car would "show" in the system in October. When they switched it to green (they had to call the Nissan rep to do this), they said it wouldn't appear in system until Nov. It came a little early. I don't know if the allocations are by color, but that's what my dealer made it seem like - they had a purple car and had to call Nissan to try to change it to green, and once approved, it pushed back the delivery. They told me car would land in December, but we'll see. I have an MSRP car, but had to trade a 2021 Land Cruiser Heritage that was basically new in as part of the deal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also of interest, my dealer told me that if I did the purple car the car would "show" in the system in October. When they switched it to green (they had to call the Nissan rep to do this), they said it wouldn't appear in system until Nov. It came a little early. I don't know if the allocations are by color, but that's what my dealer made it seem like - they had a purple car and had to call Nissan to try to change it to green, and once approved, it pushed back the delivery. They told me car would land in December, but we'll see. I have an MSRP car, but had to trade a 2021 Land Cruiser Heritage that was basically new in as part of the deal.
Bummer about the LC. Both cars together would've been an excellent "2 car solution" - and possibly quite collectable in the future.

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
5,688 Posts
Just heard back today! I FINALLY have a unit reserved! Not sure on the color yet but just heard back today my dealer has confirmed they getting one T-Spec unit. They did just mention production is currently halted as of yesterday so who knows when these will be able to be delivered. Now to wait it out!
Well, that will be something all right!

Keep us informed. And if you do, I just ask that you start a new post/thread in the GT-R Ownership sub-forum.

Thanks…

81 - 100 of 110 Posts