Nissan GT-R Forum banner
141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Car arrived at house with no issue (thanks Baylor and Momentum Transport), off to get PPF from Tri @endlessprotectivesolutions. Some photos before he picked it up. The interior looks darker in person than in photos - I really like it and tried to get a photo in the light. It's a shame the green comes with both the jade and purple cars (purple/gold/green seems sort of like the joker to me). I think it looks great on jade and prob okay on the purple too because it's pretty dark.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Attachments

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
I think that interior works better with the millennium jade than the midnight purple

also I was looking at a pic of the T spec yesterday and realized the side fender vent is body painted. I wasnt sure if that was a 2021 change or unique to the T specs

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think that interior works better with the millennium jade than the midnight purple

also I was looking at a pic of the T spec yesterday and realized the side fender vent is body painted. I wasnt sure if that was a 2021 change or unique to the T specs
I asked that same question in the thread you made with the Australian review vids….

·
Founder/Admin
26,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
I asked that same question in the thread you made with the Australian review vids….
Yeah I know I never realized it until I saw that post then I went looking for pics myself

Looks like it's a model year wide change in 2020 Same as when the metallic trim around the DRLs and above the rear diffuser were added. I caught those but swear I never noticed the body color trim until T spec pics. Maybe because the colors are new and I was paying more attention

·
Registered
201 Posts
My Jade Green is on the truck on the way to my home. I should receive it maybe Sunday. I feel fortunate to have found and purchased one. These cars, in my opinion, will be a good investment.

Reactions: crepr12

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: special books, I don't think it came with anything special - I can look. There was a bag of stuff I took out of it before it went to get wrapped. It looked like the same material that my last GTR had (and I don't recall the Nismo having anything different).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, getting the car wrapped in clear film and the front window. In Houston, rock chips are a way of life, film protects it and has some self healing qualities. I've been doing the cars for awhile, just started covering the windows because the cost of OEM glass has gotten nuts. Usually I just do the front forward of the mirrors and the A pillars. I'm wrapping this whole car (hence the need for the rear logos because they remove them and then apply new ones on top of the film). I use Tri at endlessprotective solutions. He used to be the top installer at Xpel Houston and set up his own shop.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
My Jade Green is on the truck on the way to my home. I should receive it maybe Sunday. I feel fortunate to have found and purchased one. These cars, in my opinion, will be a good investment.
So she is going to be a buy and park type of vehicle to get the best return from investment?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes, had to order the T spec logo (which may be reusable, but not preferred). Logo in back is new. If there are holes underneath it, not reusable. Since they are all backordered, maybe naked back there for awhile.

Mine is definitely not a collector's item. I do the wrap so I don't worry about damage from driving it. Plan on driving it every day.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes, had to order the T spec logo (which may be reusable, but not preferred). Logo in back is new. If there are holes underneath it, not reusable. Since they are all backordered, maybe naked back there for awhile.

Mine is definitely not a collector's item. I do the wrap so I don't worry about damage from driving it. Plan on driving it every day.
If your PPF guy is good you shouldn’t need new emblems. My guy reapplies emblems all the time and uses a small razor to cut out the tape around the emblem, even the smallest letters. He makes templates for every car with measurements so they go back in place in the exact area where the original was.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Does seem extreme to need to buy all new emblems every time. I've taken mine off and moved the gtr to center of decklid. I just used the 3m VHB trim tape that they come with and applied as patgilm mentions above.

141 - 160 of 183 Posts