Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2010 GTR in for POS service and tire chage, and they said the machine got "malfunctioned" and made a big scratch on one of my wheels. They repainted it for me without charge, but now it does not match with the other wheels. I had near black wheels before, and the repainted one is a little lighter. It's a little embarrassing driving a GTR with mismatched wheel colors.

So, I was upset and took the car back one week later, and they told me that it will eventually match because heat will make it darker, maybe after 5000 to 6000 miles. Is this true ???? Please help!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
A friend of mine had that happen with a wheel on his STi, it got scuffed up and when they repainted it the color did not match.

Tell them you want them to refinish again, or replace it will a new oem wheel.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
id bitch until it was replaced

·
Registered
35 Posts
I previously had a LEXUS ISF which has similar colored wheels. Had to have a wheel refinished and they told me before I shipped the wheel it would be impossible to match perfectly (I shipped an extra wheel for reference). They said only way to match perfectly was to do all 4 wheels. Theres no way the color of the wheel is going to change in 5K miles. Hope you get it worked out with them.

·
The Nihonjin
308 Posts
yea I would tell them to re do it and if they can't get it right, get it replaced

·
Registered
639 Posts
So, who does eveyone trust to replace tires ? Those 20" low profile are a bitch to get on and off.

·
The Nihonjin
308 Posts
someone that can take the responsibility if they F up.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I got my 2010 GTR in for POS service and tire chage, and they said the machine got "malfunctioned" and made a big scratch on one of my wheels. They repainted it for me without charge, but now it does not match with the other wheels. I had near black wheels before, and the repainted one is a little lighter. It's a little embarrassing driving a GTR with mismatched wheel colors.

So, I was upset and took the car back one week later, and they told me that it will eventually match because heat will make it darker, maybe after 5000 to 6000 miles. Is this true ???? Please help!
should this happen to anyone - make sure you do not take the car and leave it at the dealer until it is resolved. Once you sign off that the car has been received then arguing after that then will be impossible to get it fixed

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
So, who does eveyone trust to replace tires ? Those 20" low profile are a bitch to get on and off.
its more of a a trick to get the tires off the beed of the, once the air is all out of the rim, and mounted on the tire changer one side has to have pressure placed on the side wall of the tire to offset the tire and its a really tight fit. draw backs are damage to the rim and paint if not done properly.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I also made them allow me to have them put on at a shop of my choice... used parts and polish in great neck... he fjcked them up too!

Need a shop with the crazy expensive wheel machine... no contact with wheel lip at all. Manhatten Motorsports in Roslyn is the place to go. Need rears now and that's the only place ill go...

·
Registered
639 Posts
I also made them allow me to have them put on at a shop of my choice... used parts and polish in great neck... he fjcked them up too!

Need a shop with the crazy expensive wheel machine... no contact with wheel lip at all. Manhatten Motorsports in Roslyn is the place to go. Need rears now and that's the only place ill go...
Thanks. Will they either match Tirerack prices or can you ship to their shop if you order direct from Tirerack ?

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
just make sure they have the right machine...or go to a porsche dealership, lol they will def have the right hunter machine

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks will do . I have 4k miles already and by the spring I will need new set.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Update: after being politely asked to straighten things out, the dealership finally agreed to repaint and coat all the wheels for free so that they would match. I'm glad i didn't have to turn on my bitching mode lol. My wheels had some scratches here and there before (2010 GTR), and now all the wheels match and look brand new. I'm a happy man again
THanks all for your replies!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.