Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
the video is on the official nissan japan GTR site

http://www2.nissan.c...urburgring.html

although it says "nurburgring test driving" it doesnt say we set the time officially of 7:21... maybe this was just a shakedown test lap....the 2012 laps of 7:24.22 was an unofficial test lap aswell...but the reason it didnt post an official time is the test day was rained out....as to why the 7:21 would be posted but not official im not sure....

and is linked to this youtube account

http://www.youtube.com/user/NISSANGTRJP

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
Uhh that's even weirder! lol
exactly... thats where i first saw it and thats why i posted it on our front page....

the fact that its not an official time and just testing may be supported by the fact the 7:21 has no tenths of a second added to it and it seems to hold at that time a second or more before it reaches the finish....

so saying its not an official time is one thing...saying it doesnt exist and it "consumer generated" confuses me as like i said its on the official site...

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
and this is a quote from a recent article from motortrend

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2011/1111_2013_nissan_gt_r_10_second_car/

While we were not able to get our hot lap in at the Nurburgring with our latest GT-R update, we will try again next spring and are more than confident that we will break the 7 minute 20 second barrier," said Mizuno.
so this backs up the 7:21 not being an officially claimed time...... but surely nissan "knows" about the video.... maybe the person truth about cars talked to wasnt familiar with the japanese site

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
its not offical because nissan knows it can and will go faster than that. The 7:24 time like you said was interupted by bad weather. this time was interupted by not having the correct tires at the time of testing, then delayed until october iirc, between the first and secound tests in october i dunno when this video was recorded.

however Nissan doesnt want to make an official time because it knows it can drive as fast or faster than 7:20 and will prove it next year when they have another test. That is the ONLY reason why this time is not official.

·
Founder/Admin
26,253 Posts
its not offical because nissan knows it can and will go faster than that. The 7:24 time like you said was interupted by bad weather. this time was interupted by not having the correct tires at the time of testing, then delayed until october iirc, between the first and secound tests in october i dunno when this video was recorded.

however Nissan doesnt want to make an official time because it knows it can drive as fast or faster than 7:20 and will prove it next year when they have another test. That is the ONLY reason why this time is not official.
thats the way i see it aswell

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
they're probably waiting for a competitor's time release to strategically slap-to-face
+1... i think they know they can do better and dont want to go public like what mindlessoath said.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I read that Nissan believes that next April they will run under 7:20. Mizuno-San is confident that the car can lap the Ring in under 7:20.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
as to why the 7:21 would be posted but not official im not sure....
"So, that was not even like our official run... that was just us fooling around. Imagine what the laptime would have been like if we had actually **tried** to set a fast lap."

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
the video is on the official nissan japan GTR site

http://www2.nissan.c...urburgring.html

although it says "nurburgring test driving" it doesnt say we set the time officially of 7:21... maybe this was just a shakedown test lap....the 2012 laps of 7:24.22 was an unofficial test lap aswell...but the reason it didnt post an official time is the test day was rained out....as to why the 7:21 would be posted but not official im not sure....

and is linked to this youtube account

http://www.youtube.c...ser/NISSANGTRJP
What is the caption on that Nissan website saying about the oil cooler core?

·
R35
1,312 Posts
Obviously I love the GTR but this is BS. They spend all the money and effort to run the car there and two years in a row they can't get a proper hot lap. What the [email protected]#$%%^&ll? If I was the boss I'd get on the phone and chew them up. Stay on the [email protected]!king track until you have several proper hot laps!

While we were not able to get our hot lap in at the Nurburgring with our latest GT-R update

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
It does suck ... I don't know of its the elder scroll game giving me ideas, but I woul love if ther was a book ( tome ) that I could read and gain automatically 500 laps + knowledge of the ring and take my own GTR to the ring and put a 7:18:567 time on it :)

·
Kick_arse
1,025 Posts
It does suck ... I don't know of its the elder scroll game giving me ideas, but I woul love if ther was a book ( tome ) that I could read and gain automatically 500 laps + knowledge of the ring and take my own GTR to the ring and put a 7:18:567 time on it :)
^^ ahahaha Epic

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
Autoblog is so sad they can't fact check or even ask a nagtroc rep about this? Wow auto journalism is shit.
autoblog.com/2011/11/14/nissan-downplays-mystery-gt-r-ring-record-run/#continued

Anyways... This video was a test of the tires only.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts