Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
So i finally got a couple runs in with a buddy of mine that owns a P90d. Its fully loaded (has ludicrous speed package, sport suspension etc). A recent article on Motor Trend had a bunch of guys debating how a p90d stacks up against a modded gtr, and i had a good oppertunity to clear it up. Now i drove the car, and i must say it is very impressive. Instant, neck snapping torque... and without the slightest noise. The car literally drives itself going down the highway. A stock gtr wouldnt fare well lined up against one from a stop, and even a bolt on gtr will have trouble from a slow roll. We did a couple races, and this one came out the best, but the results where identical.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
Like that lunge it made Hahaha. That thing is crazy fast

· Registered
2,018 Posts
awesome video man! Btw the turbo sounds are amazing!

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, i was launching around 2750 rpms. Anything higher i would spin too much. Iam on toyo r888 tires, which still spun in first gear. The weather was around 60, tire pressure was ~32psi. The tesla looses much of its umph after 60, the gap would have kept getting bigger. I was letting off around 75ish. The p90d's claim to fame is 0-60, so thats all we where after.

· Registered
943 Posts
Yea, im just not sure why you let off at 75....I get that the point of the race was 0-60 but so far the quickest tesla at the strip was 11.3 @ 115.....so either your car has a softer tune or something is up. Just saying practice those launches a bit better because a tesla puts down like 800 ft lbs of torque instantly. Not sure why the race didn't go to at least 100mph. There is quite a difference between a car that in theory should be hiting 10.3 @ 130++ mph and a car that runs 11.3 @115.

· Lake Bum
2,720 Posts
You were pulling away with authority a full 1/4 mile and it would have been a huge gap. Nothing wrong with your car our your driving. The 90D is going to be close the first 330'. After that it's all GTR if FBO.

· Registered
943 Posts
I will say though the gtr, on a shitty surface held off the teslas pull to 60 and then put a car on the tesla by 75 mph so not so bad. The tesla off the light is no joke. I don't think a driver mod is nessesary E30 seems like a good driver, just dialing the launch a bit would help.... However still not bad ;) Is it a dba or cba GTR?

· Registered
89 Posts
My car is a 2012, fbo e85 tuned by linney. It ran a 10.1 at 134 a couple months ago with a 1.5 60'. Its hard to tell from the video, but my car spun pretty good off the launch.. Not sure how much more i can improve the launch, without doing it at a track or prepped surface.

The motor trend article i referenced earlier has the p90d rated faster than the 911 turbo s, hellcat, rs7 and nismo gtr in the 1/4.

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
My car is a 2012, fbo e85 tuned by linney. It ran a 10.1 at 134 a couple months ago with a 1.5 60'. Its hard to tell from the video, but my car spun pretty good off the launch.. Not sure how much more i can improve the launch, without doing it at a track or prepped surface.
Don't listen to those guys, your launch was fine for the street. Your car was pulling hard and would probably have put another 5 or 6 car lengths on the Tesla in the 1/8th mile alone. I imagine those cars quit pulling at 100 miles an hour.

· R35 member
3,069 Posts
How many times can your buddy launch it in Ludacris mode before he starts to lose power?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.