Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and this is my first post! I had detailed this vehicle a year ago and was conducting a yearly maintenance detail. Over the course of a year this car has changed quite a bit. New brakes (Alcon), roll cage, new tune (Forged Performance) and suspension upgrades. The clear bra on the front needed some correcting as well since it had become clouded and scratched.

To start, we washed the vehicle and stripped any residual sealant.

We had a lot of rubber to remove from the track. These Michelin tires can take some serious abuse!

We will be addressing those blacked out exhaust tips later. This is nothing compared to his previous tune. VERY VERY rich previously!

All rinsed and ready for drying!

Once pulled into the garage we blew the vehicle dry, prepared the surface for polishing and got to work.

Here is a close up shot of the clear bra on the hood. You can see a clear difference between the polished / non-polished sections. This really helped bring back the beautiful black paint.

While I continued polishing the paint, Travis worked on the exhaust tips.

50/50 shot of the exhaust

Exhaust tips have been cleaned and polished!

Here are some photos of the final product. These first 3 were taken with my phone. Enjoy!

The remainder were shot by my photographer, Scott Hale.

Thanks for viewing my first post on the forum! I hope you enjoyed the photos and I will post many more in the near future. This is the only GTR I have currently, but I have many other cars to share. Thanks again for viewing!

· Registered
9 Posts
Nice work! any info on polish compounds/pads used? sealant?
Thanks! For this I did a one step polish with Menzerna PF2500 (since it was just maintenance work, nothing more aggressive was needed), Lake Country CCS White pads and AMMO Skin. The polisher was the Griots Garage 6 in (which has now taken a back seat to the Rupes 21 I received just after this detail).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.