Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
Nissan Releases New-Spec Nissan GT-R
YOKOHAMA (Oct. 21, 2009) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the release of the latest version of the Nissan GT-R, which goes on sale on December 7th at Nissan dealers nationwide in Japan. The updated GT-R receives a number of enhancements, including a revised navigation system, recalibrated suspension settings and an improved-flow catalyst system. It is scheduled to go on sale in other global markets beginning next spring.

Nissan GT-R

Since its introduction in the Japanese market in December 2007, the Nissan GT-R has gone through continuous evolution, remaining on the cutting-edge of multi-dimensional performance. The GT-R has also been acclaimed globally, winning more than 50 top awards in various categories since launch. Nissan also supports GT-R owners with exceptional after-sales service.

The latest revisions to GT-R include a new HDD-based CARWINGS navigation system with enhanced entertainment functions. A USB port with iPod®*1 connectivity allows the driver and passengers to enjoy their favorite music in the car, creating an even more pleasant interior environment. *2

In addition, the GT-R's suspension has been retuned to offer enhanced, premium quality ride comfort, while still providing the driver with a feeling of direct contact with the road surface. The accuracy of the front shock absorbers and springs has been increased and the stiffness of rear suspension radius rod bushings has been strengthened. Rear diffusers with cooling ducts, previously available only on the GT-R SpecV, have been expanded to non-SpecV models, improving cooling performance around the rear floor area.

The exclusive Nissan GT-R SpecV models receive revised rear shock absorber settings, enhancing the characteristic combination of supple ride comfort and flat, predictable handling. In conjunction with this change, SpecV now comes standard with Dunlop tires. The previously standard Bridgestone tires are available as a factory-installed option.

Finally, both the Nissan GT-R and GT-R SpecV achieve improved low- and mid-range engine response, thanks to newly adopted hexagonal meshed catalyst cells that reduce ventilation/airflow resistance

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The press release says a lot but it misses out crucial details that Nissan have already sent to GT-R owners in Japan. For example the Nismo optional MFD...

Also the press site mentions updated photos for the GT-R but damned if I can tell the difference in the photos online...

·
Founder/Admin
26,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Or something else all together. Dual canards on a SpecM seams silly considering the focus of the car.
just realized this thing doesnt even have the NACA ducts on the rear skirts.... i guess all that really is for something more higher end. but i guess since they say the SpecM will be about 220K in japan its gotta have something besides different colors lol

·
Registered
865 Posts
Even if it did'nt, generally speaking rich J-folk would probably play squish-squish on the trains to Ginza Nissan to buy it purly in status or fashion anyway...rolf

just realized this thing doesnt even have the NACA ducts on the rear skirts.... i guess all that really is for something more higher end. but i guess since they say the SpecM will be about 220K in japan its gotta have something besides different colors lol
Try this link for more information: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/10/2011-...mechanical.html

And some pics: To view better, use your mouse with the "Ctrl" button to zoom in. Or just go to the link for a better view.
2011 Nissan GT-R

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Even if it did'nt, generally speaking rich J-folk would probably play squish-squish on the trains to Ginza Nissan to buy it purly in status or fashion anyway...rolf

Try this link for more information: http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/10/2011-...mechanical.html

And some pics: To view better, use your mouse with the "Ctrl" button to zoom in. Or just go to the link for a better view.
2011 Nissan GT-R

Those pics are from the 2009 update, nothing is updated for 2010 yet as far as I could tell.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I wonder how much better the new front cats are. I assume the new cat design will be used for all 4.
I wonder if there will be an official torque figure increase.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts