Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 177 Posts

· Founder
25,900 Posts
- One of the worst months on record for GTR sales. ( 4th all time including year to year January sales)

- Just last September 159 were sold coming off a stellar August that with the new incentives saw 208 GTRs sold (the most since the introduction of the DBA in 2011)

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]2015[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]January 101
February 118
March 175
April 162
May 111
June 93
July 66
August 65
September 38
[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]October [/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]November [/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]2014[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]January 79
February 66
March 119
April 123
May 94
June 79
July 91
August 208
September 159
[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]October 140[/background][background=rgb(246, 246, 246)] [/background]
[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]November 122[/background]

[background=rgb(246, 246, 246)]December 156[/background]

· Founder
25,900 Posts
What the cause you think? I'm sure there multiple facts: end of driving season coming up, ppl waiting to see 17 to name a few
If you look at those 2 years July-September of last year saw substantial leaps due to the 2014 incentives and then December 2014 again with the 2015 incentive. things have been decent since then through the spring but the last few months has really taken a turn down even from just the summer.

I think the reason is just general buyer fatigue with the car. the incentives did what they needed to do last year and pushed the on the fence buyer into one. but the 2016 has no incentive no performance inprovements so its a hard sell. The remaining 2015s only have $5K incentive and due to last years incentives the used market if full of very aggressively prices 2014's and 2015's. Nissan also had a program where they offered like a 6 month lease on 2015's to employees for first cheap (comparatively) and now those cars are showing up in the used market

so to me the numbers mean on this back half of the year the 2015 inventory might be thinning out a bit and these #'s show a consumer rejection of a non incentive 2016 model

basically bottom line is if a 2014 was selling for low 80's the 2016 which has no tangible performance gains cant find a place in the market if its priced at 103K then just the usual dealer discounts. we have said if for a while but you cant close that box once its opened

hopefully the end of this month we will find out the 2017 is more than just a new front bumper and that might spark some life in the brand or at least encourage nissan to put incentives on the 16. at 38 cars sold

· Founder
25,900 Posts
If I were GTR marketing in the US ( who are friends of mine by the way) I would bite the bullet and bring back the 10K for both 2015 and 2016 at this point to clear out stock.

then they need to ride whatever wave of excitement the 2017 will generate by keeping the supply low and bring l say 600-800 only to the US. that is what it will take to turn this around without the R36

· Founder
25,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very saturated, the abundance of 2014's and even 2015's that were bought cheap and now floating around hurts the showroom numbers even more

· Registered
865 Posts
They should make more nissan commercials With the GTR making an appearance. Showing he street version cut in with clips from gt3 wins. There really isn't that many. I personally would like less GTRs on the road but if sales are what we are looking for then they need to push incentives in a different way. I'd rather see them as maintenance incentives. One thing guys in the market look at is, "how much is it going to costs to drive this thing." So much online says the cost of ownership on the GTR is expensive, and it can be, so nissan should eat more
Of that cost and use that to push them. The 2017 facelift will not be enough with so much online about the 2018-2020 model. They better give the 2017 the nismo goodies(turbos at least) and at Premium Trim. Then let the hybrid for 2018s price hike separate it from the 2017s.

· Founder
25,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The facelift wont be a one year car. It means the R36 is a fee more years off

The facelift will be global 2016 car so I expect a R36 concept at Tokyo Motor show november 2017 with the production debuting possibly another year after that

· Registered
1,782 Posts
38! Yikes...

Nissan dropped the ball for 2016. Without the incentive they needed to push the power up, tweak the suspension, do something tangible as they have in the past. Current power levels have stayed the same since 2013.

Nissan came out swinging year after year with noticeable upgrades... Maybe they anticipated GTR buyers would go for the nismo? Different price point entirely. Big mistake in my opinion. Now incentives are expected.

· Registered
2,116 Posts
As much as I hate to say this, Nissan bringing back the 10k incentive is inevitable at this point. It's just a matter of time. I'm sure that's good news for anyone on the sidelines waiting to pick one up new for 80k. Get ready for the values of late model GT-R's to drop like a rock even more so than they already have.

· Registered
465 Posts
If you look at those 2 years July-September of last year saw substantial leaps due to the 2014 incentives and then December 2014 again with the 2015 incentive. things have been decent since then through the spring but the last few months has really taken a turn down even from just the summer.

I think the reason is just general buyer fatigue with the car. the incentives did what they needed to do last year and pushed the on the fence buyer into one. but the 2016 has no incentive no performance inprovements so its a hard sell. The remaining 2015s only have $5K incentive and due to last years incentives the used market if full of very aggressively prices 2014's and 2015's. Nissan also had a program where they offered like a 6 month lease on 2015's to employees for first cheap (comparatively) and now those cars are showing up in the used market

so to me the numbers mean on this back half of the year the 2015 inventory might be thinning out a bit and these #'s show a consumer rejection of a non incentive 2016 model

basically bottom line is if a 2014 was selling for low 80's the 2016 which has no tangible performance gains cant find a place in the market if its priced at 103K then just the usual dealer discounts. we have said if for a while but you cant close that box once its opened

hopefully the end of this month we will find out the 2017 is more than just a new front bumper and that might spark some life in the brand or at least encourage nissan to put incentives on the 16. at 38 cars sold
Yeah any buyer whose paid attention at all in the last year who was saving, or like you said on the fence, will scoff at having to pay 103 for what is the same car lol I know I would. Unless you hit the lotto or something and just don't care. I see zero reason why anyone who knows a thing about the cars last two years should purchase one even with 5k off sticker lol

· Registered
505 Posts
So I am one of the patiently waiting to buy. I can afford to purchase at sticker but I know these have to come down.

I had three offers this week.

New 16 at MSRP. Dealer claimed they were getting 10k adm's and MSRP was a steal. I said no. Dealer called back next day and offered 3k reduction. Then 4k reduction next day.

Dealer #2. Already 5k off new 16 with a solid trade in value. Doesn't want to move much more.

Dealer #3. 2015 with less than 1000 miles. 18k off sticker and very solid offer on my trade in.

I still have 2 final dealers to check.

Big question is if I jump or wait to see the reveal at the Tokyo show. The 15 is the better deal so far by a wide margin.

· Registered
865 Posts
So I am one of the patiently waiting to buy. I can afford to purchase at sticker but I know these have to come down.

I had three offers this week.

New 16 at MSRP. Dealer claimed they were getting 10k adm's and MSRP was a steal. I said no. Dealer called back next day and offered 3k reduction. Then 4k reduction next day.

Dealer #2. Already 5k off new 16 with a solid trade in value. Doesn't want to move much more.

Dealer #3. 2015 with less than 1000 miles. 18k off sticker and very solid offer on my trade in.

I still have 2 final dealers to check.

Big question is if I jump or wait to see the reveal at the Tokyo show. The 15 is the better deal so far by a wide margin.
its going to looking this I bet money On it. Vertical body lines on the side that go all the way down to front splitter with possibly verticals DRLs in bumper like the 370z nismo. Also a more aggressive front splitter and those two fins in bumper at lower are vertical instead of at angles like all other years and the V motion grill is slightly incorporated by the GTr front bumper badge. I would buy now.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.