Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if these 3 issues are somehow sharing the same harness?
I had the rear tail lights upgraded to the LED 2015's prior to shipping my car 3000 miles only to find these issues. My guess would be that when the bumper was reinstalled, something wasn't plugged back together.

Also if anyone has any idea if it is required to have the rear bumper removed to reach the harness in question, or could I somehow reach it with bumper intact. Thanks!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Most likely the plug in the center of the bumper - mounts to the crash bar behind the cover. Probably not plugged back in when the tails were upgraded. Bumper cover must be removed to access.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was able to stick my arm after removing the panel behind the rear fender well and trace the wiring back to a loose harness. It needed a little more force to actually click in. Everything is resolved. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was able to stick my arm after removing the panel behind the rear fender well and trace the wiring back to a loose harness. It needed a little more force to actually click in. Everything is resolved. Thanks!
Hi, I have the same problem. Which panel exactly did you remove to access the connector? Interior panel or exterior?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is the flat under panel to the left of the diffuser(looking from the rear) and directly behind the driver's rear tire. It is connected to the rear fender liner by clips and a few bolts. Feel around above the metal bumper brace and you'll find a harness, that was what's loose on mine

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cheers! It has just saved me TONS of hassle!

It is the flat under panel to the left of the diffuser(looking from the rear) and directly behind the driver's rear tire. It is connected to the rear fender liner by clips and a few bolts. Feel around above the metal bumper brace and you'll find a harness, that was what's loose on mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts