Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we had a local track event, where the quickest 16 cars in South Florida battle each other for the title of King of the Streets, as you can imagine the competition was though, there was anything from low 9 sec Mustangs to Camaros to mid 9 sec electric 944 Porsche! oh and let's not forget the 7 sec firebird (more on this car later)

Qualifying started really late, as during test and tune a Mustang hit the wall pretty hard, however my SiR USM powered car was able to qualify #4 amongst this group, odds where obviously against me but hey stranger things have happen... here is my qualifying run

Not bad, car felt like it bog during launch, plus wasn't shifting as high as we would like it to.. a quick text to Bill confirmed this, he suggested Manual more - non R on the trans, so I made another hit before qualifying 2 started

HOLY crap huge difference! SOOOO close to 9.7s! Mind you this car is FULL weight (4016lbs as weighted last night) nothing removed and STOCK MOTOR @ 19psi INSANE just INSANE blew my mind.

So you are probably wondering, what happen with the Q16? well just before the 2nd qualifying run was about to start, a Supra blows up and leaves a nice trail of synthetic oil down the track, GREAT another hour to clean that up. At this point is around 1 AM, they send a few cars down the track but everyone reports that after the 1/8 mile cars are all over the track, so we decide to just skip the 2nd qualifying run and just pair up the cars and do 1/8 mile runs, and since it was so damn late they decided to also hot lap the cars as everyone wanted to go home at this point.

My first run was against a 944 Turbo that was converted to an electric car, GREAT.. I've seen this car run mid to low 9s all night and he can cut the light / 60 just right, I thought for SURE I was done well I was wrong

Sweet! I WON! great I move up to the semi finals... next up the 7 sec Firebird.... obviously that was the end of my night, I thought well maybe if I can beat him on the tree and he spins I have a chance.. NOPE not chance at all I went 6.4x to his 5.2x... but hey I made it to the semi-finals COOL!

I can't thank enough Bill @ SiR for the awesome Tune, This is the same exact tune I use on the car since he tune it, One thing I've always liked about Bill is that he will tell you STRAIT up, NO BS how things really are... no 'Yo I got a Nismo TCM tune thats the shit.. no he does his OWN custom T/C - TCM tunes based on real world data, also big thanks to Steve Mr. Audioenvy himself for letting me borrow his NT05rs, I told him I think they are magical cause I've never been able to cut such good 60' foots like ever.

New motor is Almost complete, I cannot WAIT to see what she has in store for me.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Thanks Jimmy, The car is running good, especially for 1.33 Bar of boost

The biggest recent change is to my latest Traction control, and thats the biggest change in the shifting.

Before it would slip the clutch a bit more and cause higher shift points. In Normal R mode its shifting at 6600 1-2 with OEM programing! That to me means VERY little slip.

I think 75% of the customers I talk to ask about the Nismo Transmission tune. Last time I checked none have been down the 1/4 mile.

If we make a change to the car, and it gets more consistent and or faster. Thats the type of stuff that I want. Lots of things effect shift feel, but going quicker/faster at the track is what its about.

We will get that motor in sooner than later

You know there is something special going on when jimmy cuts a 1.5 60' time lol
Truth! LOL

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Congrats! Car is running great

·
Registered
798 Posts
Great results! Great turbos.

Now get that engine built, and paired with at Drag950, to release their full potential. You will be amazed at how hard they pull - I have the smaller 1.5s and how hard this car pulls is incredible to me. It's spinning in 2nd, 3rd, and even into 4th. Just crazy.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great results! Great turbos.

Now get that engine built, and paired with at Drag950, to release their full potential. You will be amazed at how hard they pull - I have the smaller 1.5s and how hard this car pulls is incredible to me. It's spinning in 2nd, 3rd, and even into 4th. Just crazy.
Thanks! I will be doing a Shep One-K fairly shortly after my motor upgrade is complete.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Congrats, car seems very efficient. Are you going bigger turbos with built motor? I hope you do as you got to race that Jacksonville Mustang!!!
As for Nismo tune, I have ran it at drag strip and no issues.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kerry I could beat that mustang on the power I'm at right now, Matts supra beat it and is a 144 mph car, they are a joke and they will never race me or Stephen.

·
e85 member
2,724 Posts
E85.. e73 to be exact.
Yeah, I'm on lower ethanol as well (stupid winter blend lol). That's an awesome run--glad to hear your car is running well!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.