Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just moved from Boston to NYC (Midtown-West) for work. Winter is coming and I'm going to have my local shop back in Boston ship my winter tires. What shop do you guys recommend to have my tires done, around my area?

Also, any hand wash places you recommend? I tried Westside Hwy carwash, for $50?? really?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Tire mount. Try SJF Performance in Oak Ridge NJ. About 50 min from midtown...a little far but well worth it. Alignment is available too.

For car wash, I would totally skip them all and just do it yourself.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire mount. Try SJF Performance in Oak Ridge NJ. About 50 min from midtown...a little far but well worth it. Alignment is available too.

For car wash, I would totally skip them all and just do it yourself.
Thank you, i was hoping for something closer ... i hate driving to Jersey and back with all the traffic. Its a pain. (Except when I reverse-commute in the morning to NJ haha)

I wish i had a driveway to wash it myself. Parking lot only :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
You can always go there after work. :D

To be honest, anywhere you go will likely end up taking longer due to NYC traffic. So considering going to NJ isn't going to be that much longer.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see how far that is with rush hour. Life was so much easier having a GTR in boston haha

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
I highly recommend driving down to a self-wash or at least a touchless wash... nyc washes are such shit. RIP paint.

also, make sure you join the tri-state GTR facebook group/battalion35 group. You gotta come out to the local GTR meet next saturday and meet some folks!

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I highly recommend driving down to a self-wash or at least a touchless wash... nyc washes are such shit. RIP paint.

also, make sure you join the tri-state GTR facebook group/battalion35 group. You gotta come out to the local GTR meet next saturday and meet some folks!
Oh I'd never do the drive-in car wash. Only hand wash. Ill look for a touchless one around.

Ill join the fb group, might be gone this wknd. Thanks man

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Its a bit far from you but I go to tom espo powder coating in SI to get all my tires mounted. His machines are 25k a pop and its guarantied perfect work. If that's something you care about.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I live in Manhattan (Gramercy). For tire mounting, I actually drive to Real Auto Dynamics in Long Island. It is roughly a 25 mile drive from Gramercy. They are open on Saturdays (9AM - 5PM) and they have a "low car friendly" alignment rack. The shop also offers detailing services; I have had both my Q50 RS400 and GT-R washed and Opti-Coat-ed there. There are a couple good hand wash shops in Astoria, Queens. From time to time, I visit Hydros Auto Spa. However, Hydros Auto Spa gets really busy on the weekends. I never trust the hand wash places in Manhattan. A few years ago, I had a hand wash at the car wash in Chelsea. It was the worst decision ever.

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Thanks guys. I think if ill have to drive out ill probably do RCT since its closer.

It's annoying, i have Nissan Manhattan right across of me. Theyre not a certified gtr dealership, so not sure if they would do the work

·
Registered
746 Posts
OP even if RAD is a little out the way for you, i would totally recommend it. Alex, the owner, is working on a few gtr builds right now and is in a new shop so it's definitely something to see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.