Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
1. Start pulling from the top of the A pillar cover. Once the top clip comes out, you will see the blue clip further down that appears to be connected by a plastic "tail."
2. Take 2 flat head screw drivers to pry the clip out.
3. Then you pretty much yank the bottom part out where it meets the dash.
4. A foam cube might come out. Be sure to hang onto it.
5. There is only 1 screw, so that's a no brainer. It's really tight due to the windshield, so even the shortest screw driver won't work. I took a screw bit from one of those interchangeable screw driver sets and clamped onto it with a pair of pliars and used it like a wrench. Worked great.
6. place the foam cube on the small flat metal piece located at the very bottom of the A pillar
7. Then you'll have to play Jenga with trying to get the bottom piece in correctly. I'ts pretty obvious to see how it goes back on, but you will have to fiddle with it quite a bit.
8. Then put the blue clip back in place.
9. then line up the last clip toward the top and smack it until it locks into place.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Nice ^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

·
CMD
1,130 Posts
Update: Didn't get feedback on the driver's side, so I said to hell with it and tore down the driver's side also (turned out to be identical to the passenger's side). My car was like a rattle box around 2K RPM, it's weird how the cabin throws sounds around, you almost think the rattle is coming from the rear.

Well, I'm glad to report that after tightening screws on both the passenger and driver's side, the rattle seems to be gone! I'll test more in the following days, but I couldn't be happier right now. THANK YOU OP, love this site!

·
Registered
813 Posts
I just developed a horrid rattle that might be this. It sounds like its coming from the middle of the dash but I bet it is the passenger side bolt. Again awesome find OP and nice instructions to get this done Jason. will work on this in the morning

·
Registered
1 Posts
thanks for all Of the good information, and sorry for the thread resurrection.

I did this today and my screw was tight. Unbeknownst to me, when the windshield was previously replaced, the adhesive had glued the A pillar to the windshield. Many minutes of precise cutting with a razor allowed it to be freed without damaging the leather. Only to find out the screw wasn’t loose.

I tracked my dashbrattle to the space between the front right air vent that blows on the windshield and the dashboard. I ended up passing a zip tie around the removable dash vent and the air handling system. Tightening these two together stopped to rattle.

Not the most elegant solution, but it worked in my case

21 - 35 of 35 Posts