Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2010 a couple weeks ago, it's great, and I love it but this is driving me a little crazy. BTW, I did a search and didn't come up with much.

A couple things I've noticed about the transmission. Hopefully there is some sort of resolution.

(1) If I'm downshifting below 3000 rpm there is maybe a half a second lag before the transmission will actually downshift.

(2) Because of this lag, if I'm in 2nd gear, come to a stop light, downshift to 1st, and the light immediately turns green, I'll press on the gas but nothing happens until the car is in 1st.

Will any type of relearning help fix this either at the dealership or Cobb AP TCM?

Thanks.

Michael

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the same problem, but have always had it. I try to negate it by making sure to be very selective in what gear I am in. Also giving a bit of gas as downshifting seems to help, as if I am letting it engine brake while downshifting it can take forever.

Drives me nuts when the 2nd to 1st thing happens. Since the car never auto shifts to first unless you are pretty much stopped. Ill be taking a right / left onto a major street and the trans decides to downshift into first right as I decide to pull out. Nothing, followed by a super jerky crap start followed by massive clutch slippage lol.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah that's exactly what I experience. I guess I'm just not driving the car right huh?
lol yeah I suppose. Takes a while to get used to it. The car sort of tells you how to drive it correctly. Ive had mine ~8 months now and I still have my shifting slipups. I hear the 2012's are much better, and some of the cobb launch updates and such help fix it a bit. I haven't tried them yet myself.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
the 2nd to 1st gear state of limbo when almost stopping then trying to start again is a pain in the ass. now i just make a habit of forcing it to 1st in those situations. a few times this has happened when i'm trying to turn onto a road with traffic coming. not a great feeling when you see people heading your way and the car is just hanging there deciding what to do.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know what you mean, my 2010 drove me crazy.
Upgraded to 2011 and Nissan fixed the 2-1 downshift issue in LC3, shifts much smother then the prior years across the spectrum.

Cobb LC4 will fix it for you, a buddy of mine has it and loves it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I know what you mean, my 2010 drove me crazy.
Upgraded to 2011 and Nissan fixed the 2-1 downshift issue in LC3, shifts much smother then the prior years across the spectrum.

Cobb LC4 will fix it for you, a buddy of mine has it and loves it.
I might try that, too. Ill have to do some research, since I didn't want to use the launch of LC4 quite yet until it is out of beta.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've updated to LC4 new tranny logic and the 1st-2nd-1st problems have been greatly reduced as the car will now shift to 1st itself once the speed is low enough, as for downshifting the reason it can take a little longer is a typical constraint of the way a dual clutch setup works, as it always selects the next progressive gear I.e when in 3rd it has 4th ready on the alternate shaft, also I suspect that the clutch engagement at lower speeds is reduced to prevent bobbing, I've often noticed that even upshifts at lower speeds are slower in manual mode where as under wot their fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts