Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i traded my Porsche for a 2009 GTR and have a few questions. After driving the car hard i notice a odd smell in the cabin and around the rear of the car. Its not a fuel smell but more like an oil or clutch type smell. Is this normal for this car? The smell is not there at normal driving so im thinking its may be a warm clutch?

I also noticed when detailing the car that there was some melted black plastic or something on the tail pipes. Didn't notice this when i bought the car since the pipes were dirty. I'm hoping its just from something maybe touching hot pipes. It has not returned since cleaning it off but its just an odd place for melted plastic.

The smell is driving me nuts trying to figure out what it is.

Thanks!

·
Stea7th
165 Posts
I got minor unpleasant smell when I switched on my aircon occasionally and I also have that petrol/oil smell sometimes. I wonder where does it come from...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi
same situation for me, odd smell after driving hard, seems like burnt something (possible cause? clutch or brake)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.