Nissan GT-R Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
In order to measure the R mode, the damper does not need to be controlled. in order to control the normal mode you have to energize the damper with 0.9 amperes. In order to control the Comfor mode, the damper requires 1.5 ampere.
Interesting.....so you are saying when the car is shut off, the shocks actually default to the R mode.

What are you planning to do with these shocks? Will you be revalving them for use?

Thanks for providing these dyno graphs. Now I need to see if I can find my revalved Penske.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
So the next step in this evolution is to modify the signal going to the shocks to get more extreme moves between comfort and race............

Cobb......... Here is the next step in the tune........

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
So the next step in this evolution is to modify the signal going to the shocks to get more extreme moves between comfort and race............

Cobb......... Here is the next step in the tune........
DSC already has a controller that does that. But I think what fastby4 is trying to go a step further to change the valving entirely of the shocks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Combined the valving solution from fastby4 with the possibilities through the DSC-Controller we will get an ultimate suspension on OEM-based shocks. For maybe higher demands DSC provides the whole package of Tractive

Shocks/springs with the electronic module.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Here I have a comparison of the springs.

Red line spring rear 2009 and 2012
these feathers are the same spring rate.

blue line spring front 2009

green line spring front 2012

Purple line spring front KW sleeve kit

the OEM springs ar all progresiv.

the KW spring linear.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
That is interesting. Cross referencing to some info from a while back posted by other people, the rates you have here seem to be significantly lower than what were discussed (which were supposedly measured by Eibach)

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/41960-stock-spring-rate/

What is surprising to me though is the 2012 front springs are actually stiffer than the 2009. Not sure what this means, I suppose with the suspension geometry change in the 2012, the effective spring rate on the 2012 may in fact be softer overall than the 2009?

Thanks for sharing all these results.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Here I have a modified front damper which I have 6 different modes installed. With 0 Amper this is always R mode 0.9 amp 1.0 amp 1.1 amp 1.3 amp 1.5 amp the damper characteristic changes very nicely with every adjustment
How are you planning to adjust different mode? You going to modify the damper switch on the car to some sort of controller?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Really appreciate your thread,
Just one question, is the OEM controller not an adaptive system(electric current that changes all the time depending on the motion of the vehicle and pre-programmed maps) like a ZF Sachs CDC? is it something similar to the one on the Ford Focus RS that only has a few fixed current? if so, adding a DSC Controller and doing some tuning by ourselves seems worthwhile.
Thanks!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts