Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
hi

went through a web site that offers gtr r35 OEM intake manifold porting !

thats new ! never heard of any vendor here offering that service on oem intake manifolds

anyone thought of it before ?

any gains on stock turbos !?

the website is claiming ~72 more CFM, better spool, and an increase of 35whp on pump gas
!!

source : http://www.maperformance.com/maperformance-rev-3-intake-manifold-porting-nissan-r35-gt-r-map-gtr-im-r3.html

this sounds really interesting .. hope the big champs chim in

Sincerely.

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
Interesting find, I would like to know if this is really effective, also combining this with TB's should help a great bit, providing it actually works.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Dave did this on his own build which he detailed within his thread. Looks like a really nice solution and an interim step before spending the big coin on a new manifold. Good find.

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
I need to go back and read up on that, I may have missed that in the 32 threads.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Dave Gasket matched his intake.

This MAP intake is cut, ported inside and re-welded. If you know what your doing you can get good gains. 32hp on stock turbos. Dont think so. But it is something that's easy to install and can gain some HP.

·
Vendor
4,614 Posts
I only match ported and then ported as far into the manifold as I could with the tooling I have. To completely port the oem manifold it has to be cut apart as Bill said so you can get to everything.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
I would be really skeptical of those gains. The big gain in going with an aftermarket intake manifold is from the plenum size increase and runner orientation. This is why manifolds like Ours, Greddy, BL all use much larger plenums.

Eric

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
What was the gain with the hks? That's def for the guys trying squeeze that last couple ponies out. 3k,4k for intake manifold and only min gain. Now this Maperformance ported one, if gain is 20awhp then at that price it is worth the $. IMO.

·
Tokyo Nightmare
1,773 Posts
MindlessOath: I read that somewhere that one of the cylinders were prone to knock more that the others, based on the flow pattern it seems as though the airflow is uneven across the cylinders.

·
2,495 Posts
I want the greddy.. not that i need it, I just think it looks cool. haha

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
one of the original prototype intake manifolds for the gtr was exactly like the hks version.... was tested to 600bhp. then Nissan changed to the current design and included the cover over it. but hks doesn't supply us with a flow diagram like the greedy shows.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im currently rebuilding Nagtroc member fastburnett 2012 gtr,We had the stock manifold cut and ported.
Ill snap some pics of the work and try to upload later.

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
I did extrude honing to my intake manifold and it's lower plenum. Didnt really see any gains in hps

1 - 20 of 34 Posts