Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Alot of discussion about Nismo lately so thought i'd post up info on their turbo's

The Nismo turbos feature larger compressor and turbine wheels than standard GTR turbos.

A standard GTR compressor wheel measures 56.00/43.38mm whereas the Nismo item measures 60.00/46.45mm.
The individual compressor wheel pictures above aren't actually the Nismo wheel, theyre a near identical wheel of the same dimensions from the IHI catalogue (the only difference is the wheel has a curved leading edge to the compressor wheel whereas the Nismo (like the stock GTR) has a square edge). The Nismo wheel can be seen on the CHRA images.
The turbine wheel is where the biggest change happens; a wheel of a different design is used (again the individual wheel pictured isnt from the Nismo turbos but is an identical wheel from another application). The turbine wheel increases from 52/40mm to 53/48mm and the number of blades increases from 9 to 11.

Overall the Nismo turbos are a decent upgrade over stock GTR turbos. We do actually offer turbos with this Nismo sized turbine wheel already (and have done for a number of years) so we have a pretty good understanding of its flow capabilities in the R35 housing. The IHI based turbos available through Linney Tuning use larger parts than the Nismo.

Pics show comparisons between stock GTR, Nismo and Linney IHI spec wheels.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
If a non-Nismo can on 93 with the right tire/launch/weight reduction I see no major problem doing it.
I wasn't aware of any fbo 93 cars in the 9's...that's impressive if so...they must have the works...speed density, intercooler, downpipes, midpipe, catback, injectors, possibly fuel pumps, 3" intakes.....light wheels and sticky tires..

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I wasn't aware of any fbo 93 cars in the 9's...that's impressive if so...they must have the works...speed density, intercooler, downpipes, midpipe, catback, injectors, possibly fuel pumps, 3" intakes.....light wheels and sticky tires..

Top 1/4 times thread shows 7 sub-10 cars on OE turbos, but yes they are kitted out - believe 6/7 are gutted to some small degree on drag slicks.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Top 1/4 times thread shows 7 sub-10 cars on OE turbos, but yes they are kitted out - believe 6/7 are gutted to some small degree on drag slicks.
Well in addition to them being gutted and/or on slicks. I'm sure some of them have transmission work and or rods ....so they really aren't bolt on... just saying. Most people can't get into the 9's with full bolt ons and e85. So 93 is a far stretch.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Just checked. 7 out of 7 on the list are on e85. Not 93 octane. Plus some have transmission work, slicks, gutted etc...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yeah, I believe most are stock motor, but a few trans upgrades in there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.