Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi I am new to the gtr forums and looking at a possible purchase of a used 2009 GT-R. The car is a 2nd owner car and all stock. The big issue is the car has been tracked for the last 2 years for about 17k miles. I know the current owner very well and drove the car the first day he got it (Feb of 2010) and still drive the car once in a while currently.

Current mileage is about 30k
The interior is in decent shape, the drivers power seat seems to be acting up but will be resolved before sale.
The exterior is ok, no damage to the body except the front lip from being off track
The underside has some marks from being off track
The rims are slightly marked on a couple spots
The engine pulls strong and seems to be in the same shape as the day it came off the transporter
The transmission shifts good, the car has the usual noise in the rear underside of the car at low rpms and a little jumpy when rolling from a stop

I am prepared to go through the car after the purchase and do a Alpha 9 or 10 package on the car... (still up in the air to build the motor immediately)

What would you say is a fair price on that car?

Thanks!

·
Registered
701 Posts
20 thousand miles on the track, really?

It all depends on the maintenance. That many track miles is seriously rough on car.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I don't buy the 20k track-mile thing... Maybe 20k track miles, driving 1000 miles to and from the track included...

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
That's a lot of track miles in 2 yrs....

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
there's no way it has 20K miles "on the track".....more than likely that includes to and from the track and daily driving....I would bet less than 20% of the miles are actually on the track.....and that's being generous....

·
Registered
62 Posts
this car is not registered. its a track only car.
I am aware of the wear and tear on a car with that kind of use, thats why I am wondering what the car would be worth...

The exact numbers as of yesterday are actually 16,800 miles on track. The miles will be higher though since I wouldn't be buying the car till Jan or later when he buys a new GT-R around then...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why would u buy something like this?

just buy low mileage one... sure it will cost more but im sure u can afford it since you're planning to do alpha 9/10
I already have a few fun/fast street cars that are rare so this would be more a car I dont care if it gets scratched or dinged yet still fast on the track

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
I would be surprised to see anything below 50k unless it's been wrecked or the engine/trans has failed and has not been repaired. Normally I would be surprised to see below 55k, but seeing how he's a buddy of yours and it's been through some abuse, it may go for less.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would be surprised to see anything below 50k unless it's been wrecked or the engine/trans has failed and has not been repaired. Normally I would be surprised to see below 55k, but seeing how he's a buddy of yours and it's been through some abuse, it may go for less.
I have seen a few wrecked ones go in the 30's at auction, but this car is a different story so I really dont know where we will be on price. Guess only time will tell.
So back to the original question. What would that car be worth in the condition I put at the first post??

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I have seen a few wrecked ones go in the 30's at auction, but this car is a different story so I really dont know where we will be on price. Guess only time will tell.
So back to the original question. What would that car be worth in the condition I put at the first post??
I think that the person selling the car needs to give you an asking price....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts