Nissan GT-R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
http://www.gtrblog.com/2010/08/23/breaking...012-gt-r-leaks/

Edmunds
Edmunds said:

Nissan promised from the very start that it would continuously improve the GT-R rather than wait for the traditional model refresh cycle. Up to this point, the improvements have been geared toward keeping the super coupe from self-destructing.

In this case, however, the GT-R appears to be getting some actual upgrades. That front air dam has been reworked a little and the rear diffuser has a new shape as well. There were both standard and Spec V GT-Rs at the track, so assume these are across the board changes.

Source = Edmunds Inside Line
LINK = http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2...t-the-ring.html
click on the pics in the link above for higher res

Autoblog:

edit#2- Autoblog Gallery: http://www.autoblog.com/photos/spy-shots-2...-gt-r-facelift/
Autoblog Post: http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/21/spy-sho...11-nissan-gt-r/

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Looks to me like the fake ducting up front might actually go somewhere

·
Spec Mi
4,308 Posts
Looks like double canards is coming.

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
click for direct link to front close up

click for direct link to rear close up

also you can see the sides next to the exhausts are covered. not sure what's going on below the license plate but either way, im assuming those features are aesthetics if theyre going to be covered during testing... unless of course, theyre doing before/after tests.

·
NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER
26,119 Posts
the car with the OEM near black wheels is the specV and it has the lip with the vents... but is their tape over the non specV lip where vents should be? that lip on the base GTR is new it has a sharp edge to it all the way across.... and i do see tape but it doesnt look like there is enough of it that would cover up the whole vent area so maybe both cars get a refreshed lip just no vents for the non specv?

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
The rear "diffuser" looks kind of out of place.

-Kristoffer

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
im indifferent...looks about the same i guess...nothing crazy

·
NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER
26,119 Posts
click for direct link to front close up

click for direct link to rear close up

also you can see the sides next to the exhausts are covered. not sure what's going on below the license plate but either way, im assuming those features are aesthetics if theyre going to be covered during testing... unless of course, theyre doing before/after tests.
yeah the side skirts have air vents in them the design of the vent looks to complement the side GTR badge area with the 3 lines going backwards

also on further inspection the front grill is totally differnet aswell... didnt catch it at first glance

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the car with the OEM near black wheels is the specV and it has the lip with the vents... but is their tape over the non specV lip where vents should be? that lip on the base GTR is new it has a sharp edge to it all the way across.... and i do see tape but it doesnt look like there is enough of it that would cover up the whole vent area so maybe both cars get a refreshed lip just no vents for the non specv?
yea the other one is assumed to be a specv

and yea it looks like the lip on the normal gtr is covered..

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Has anyone else noticed that on both the Spec V and Standard cars appear to have a black or CF spoiler?

·
NAGTROC CO-FOUNDER
26,119 Posts
one thing im not sure of is that new edge that runs from the oil cooler vent across the grill area where the license plate is.... didnt notice it at first now its the first thing my eyes are drawn too

·
Super Moderator
8,895 Posts
Interesting indeed..........

·
Registered
746 Posts
I personally don't like the changes to the front grill or the rear diffuser.

In case you didn't notice, the shape of the upper front grill (the one with the GT-R logo in it) has changed to now follow the shape of the bumper opening. Our old grill curves in the opposite slope from the bumper opening.
This makes the new grill much more common looking (from a design point of view) and also makes it appear short and wide, especially in this picture:

I also don't like the plain straight up and down look of the side of the front lower lip. Our old one has a rising slope design. The new one looks like there is not design on the side. Just hard edged.

On a positive note, I am sure I will like the double canard in the front bumper as well as the lower lip air ducts (if they are standard) as well as the openings on the side of the rear lower diffuser (you can see they are taped over in the close up picture).

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Looks like it has ducts on the front bumper cover. I've always wondered when Nissan would add those on the GTR. It desperately needs em.

1 - 20 of 420 Posts