Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Official 2013 GT-R Discussion thread

58K views 478 replies 114 participants last post by  Go!Zilla 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
HAMA, Japan (November 7, 2011) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the 2012 model year Nissan GT-R, which goes on sale in Japan on November 24 at Nissan dealers nationwide.

Nissan GT-R Pure edition equipped with "For Track Pack" options
The Nissan GT-R is an icon of Nissan's pioneer spirit; it invented the concept of the "multi-performance super car" and made high-performance vehicles accessible to anyone, anytime, anywhere. Today, the Nissan GT-R continues to evolve; this latest version has improved features in terms of performance, efficiency and refinement to provide further excitement to drivers and passengers.

The 2012 model year GT-R has improved maximum engine output and fuel efficiency (thereby reducing CO2emissions) by enhancing the car's engine efficiency. The 2012 MY model comes equipped with asymmetric suspension, multi-performance speed, and highly responsive driving performance which provide a stable, high-quality driving experience for passengers. Additionally, the custom option, "For TRACK PACK", inherits the driving DNA of the Spec V model to provide an alternative, more Spartan driving option for potential customers.

The 2012 model year Nissan GT-R will be released in North America, Europe and other regions from January 2012 onward.

2012 MY Nissan GT-R Overview

1. Mechanical Features

Engine
By improving the GT-R's engine efficiency, its fuel economy has been raised to 8.6km/L (tested under Japan's 10-15 mode) or 8.7km/L (in JC08 mode), while engine output has been significantly improved to 404kW (550ps)/6,400rpm with maximum torque of 632N·m(64.5kgf·m) from 3,200 to 5,800 rpm. Engine response and torque at mid- and low-speeds, and power at high revolutions, has been significantly improved, mainly due to:
  • Improved intake efficiency - Air flow resistance has been reduced by adding an intake manifold fitted to the head of each unit and the use of resin in the enlarged air intake duct for the intercooler, and
  • Improved exhaust emissions efficiency and enhanced control - Air flow resistance has been reduced through a more compact underfloor catalyzer which improves emissions efficiency and reduces weight. For improved exhaust valve cooling performance, a newly-designed metallic sodium-filled valve has been adopted. Valve control timing, the air mixture ratio and ignition timing have been improved as well.
Transmission
  • Shift feel and quietness have been refined through a strengthened design of the shift fork arm and a firmer fixing bearing for the flywheel housing.
  • A high-performance differential oil R35 COMPETITION type 2189E (75W140), which has been used in motorsports, is now provided as a standard feature for every grade.
Body

• By reinforcing areas mainly around the rear part of the engine compartment and dash panel, together with increased engine output, more responsive handling and a greater sense of the vehicle's grip on the road are transmitted to the driver.
  • More precise production methods, accompanied by advancements made in the vehicle body, have improved the inter-vehicle detection capability. This was achieved by changes in the positioning of the sensor and more rigid, highly-damped vehicle body, and by adding a more accurate acceleration sensor in areas with higher sensitivity in the vibration testing of each vehicle body.
Suspension and brakes

• Considering the added weight of the driver on the right side in a right-hand drive vehicle and that the propeller shaft for front wheels is located on the right side of the vehicle, the GT-R's suspension has been set asymmetrically for the left and right sides. For the front suspension, a harder spring rate on the left side has been set. For the rear, the suspension arm has been installed upward on the left side and downward on the right for an imbalanced wheel load when the car is stationary, but is equalized during driving, providing improved responsiveness and smoothness which the driver feels when steering, as well as enhanced cornering stability and riding comfort.
  • NCCB (Nissan Carbon Ceramic Brakes) are available as a factory-installed option for the GT-R Premium Edition and EGOIST grade. These brakes accentuate the car's agile road hold and supple ride feel through a dramatically-reduced spring weight and refined, sharp braking performance unique to carbon ceramics. (In addition, service parts prices for the rotors and pads have been reduced.)
2. Interior

• The quality feel of the meters placed in front of the driver have been enhanced for a more sophisticated atmosphere in the cockpit by adding blue lighting inside the tachometer ring to match the shift position indicator light.
  • The Bose® sound system woofers have been changed to Bose® Precision Sound System woofers that were developed for the EGOIST grade to further enhance sound quality.
3. For TRACK PACK

"For TRACK PACK" is a custom option for the Pure Edition designed for customers who want to enjoy a more Spartan-feel driving experience in their Nissan GT-R. Jointly developed with NordRing company in Japan, it features the suspension, air guide for brake cooling (front and rear), and aluminum-alloy wheels made by Rays (with black quartz chrome color coating). The front spoiler with carbon air duct has been exclusively made for this edition and is installed as a set. For reducing the car's weight, this edition is made in a two-seat configuration (without rear seats, with quilted fabric mats). Also adopted are combination seats made with genuine leather and high-grip fabric, newly developed for the "For TRACK PACK" option, which firmly holds the driver through the grip of the seat cloth.
<Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price in Japan (including consumption tax)> Drivetrain Engine Grade Transmission Price (yen) 4WD VR38DETT GT-R Pure edition GR6-type dual clutch transmission 8,694,000 ☆In the photo GT-R Black edition 9,471,000 GT-R Premium edition 9,618,000 GT-R EGOIST

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm guessing the "track pack" options won't be for the US?

The only thing I really would have wanted was the transmission upgrades, that would have been one less thing to worry about.

MC, what was the rumor you couldn't say till now, was it listed in that article?

#3 ·
Wow.... Carbon brakes are no an option on premium trim cars.... and also A high-performance differential oil R35 COMPETITION type 2189E (75W140), which has been used in motorsports, is now provided as a standard feature for every grade.

Those 2 things seem to me like the biggest upgrades.

#5 ·
price increase in yen
2012 MY

GT-R Pure edition 8,694,000
GT-R Black edition 9,471,000
GT-R Premium edition 9,618,000
GT-R EGOIST 15,000,300

GT-R Pure edition 8,694,000
GT-R Black edition 9,303,000
GT-R Premium edition 9,450,000
GT-R Spec V 15,750,000
GT-R EGOIST 15,000,300

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
track pack with seats

oh another interesting note.... it looks like the nordring hatch and raised spoiler are maybe for a future model GTR or they were just testing them for nordring as i see no mention of those on the track pack

specV seat delete

air guides

nordring suspension

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
track pack with seats

oh another interesting note.... it looks like the nordring hatch and raised spoiler are maybe for a future model GTR or they were just testing them for nordring as i see no mention of those on the track pack

specV seat delete

air guides

nordring suspension
Those seats! BLUE trim!
I'll take that lip & air guides, how much Eric?...lol

#10 ·
Thanks for staying up MC. Glad I checked back.!

Was still hoping for 570, but hey...
Those brakes sound tasty. Hope we can get them here
Still tweaking the unibody, that has to be good.
The price change in yen seemed within reason. Just have to wonder if it is representative of what we will see.
Any Info on weight?

#16 ·
Matt, thanks for the wt info, I swear you are the living Wikipedia of R35.
I was scrambling to find the wt for current MY is, ie, any change? but didn't find will pop over to Nissan for that.

So suddenly that track pack is looking v interesting but I guess it only comes as build option out of factory?
Suddenly I want to loose lbs to go along with the ceramic rotors, hehe
This is how the tease keeps going, no matter when you jump in.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
the weight... on the JDM site it says

1 GT-R Premium Edition Vehicle Weight 1740kg,
SRS curtain air bag system, if equipped with a front passenger seat SRS side air bag system for driver, vehicle weight is 1740kg (GT-R Premium edition is 1750kg), (GT-R Premium edition is 1970kg)

JDM SPEC SHEET PDF attached

Attachments

#60 · (Edited by Moderator)
any chance we can get this video with English subtitles? It seems like it is an interesting piece on development cycle bringing us to the current car. Would love to know what they are actually saying.

edit: link did not copy... it's the 14min+ one in Japanese

#24 ·
As long as it beats Z06 lap time, I am fine with it! LOL I don't think this is the end. They could try again next April maybe. That video was not 100% official since the first seconds of the lap time were edited. It's different from all other official videos that we have seen.

#21 ·
The idea may be similar, but its really not the same system. The R34 was an electric/hydraulic system. The R35 is pure electric control. I don't want to break it all down, but I can if you want. I am very familiar with the R32/R33/R34 ATTESA system.

It would be like saying the R35 GTR is an improvement on the Datsun 510. Yes it is, but they share not much.
Being a datsun 510 owner I can vouch for that lmao!!!

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
i know its not an exact science as the markets are all over the place but as far a prediciting the US MSRP atleast it shows the increase within the market

the UK spec car is moving from 71,950 to over 74K thats 115K to 119K USD

9,450,000 to 9,618,000 yen for the GT-R Premium edition roughly 120K to 123K

in japan the black edition is a less expensive model is goes from 9.3mil to 9.47 roughly 119-121 USD

so i would say 3K+ is likely for the US... which would put the black edition right at or over 100K....we will see shortly

#31 ·
Nice to see they are offering the spec V brakes as a option on all models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.