US PRESS RELEASE
JDM PRESS RELEASE
NISSAN ANNOUNCES U.S. PRICING FOR 2013 GT-R
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced U.S. pricing for the 2013 Nissan GT-R, which is on sale now at Nissan dealers nationwide. Following a major revision just last year, the 2013 Nissan GT-R receives a number of impressive performance enhancements, reinforcing the flagship supercar's spirit of continuous advancement. Horsepower has been boosted to 545 hp (from 530 hp), with torque now rated at 463 lb-ft (from 448 lb-ft). In addition, the suspension has been retuned to enhance both performance and comfort. Other changes for the 2013 model year include a standard RearView Monitor and the Black Edition receives a new dry carbon fiber rear spoiler.
The 2013 Nissan GT-R continues to be an incredible value, rivaling the fastest production supercars at a fraction of the price. The 2013 Nissan GT-R is available in two well-equipped models: GT-R Premium and GT-R Black Edition with special lightweight black forged aluminum RAYS® wheels, unique red and black interior, Recaro® leather-appointed seats and new dry carbon fiber rear spoiler.
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Prices* (MSRP) for the 2013 Nissan GT-R include:
Model/Transmission Prix GT-R Premium / Dual-clutch transmission $96,820 USD GT-R Black Edition / Dual-clutch transmission $106,320 USD
Nissan 2013 Nissan GT-R Gains 15 Horsepower to 545 HP Total
- Nissan's Multi-Dimensional Supercar Receives Engine and Suspension Refinements for New Model Year; Set to Arrive at Select Certified Nissan Dealers Nationwide in January 2012 -
Since its introduction, the iconic Nissan GT-R has had one goal in mind - never rest on its laurels. One of the most acclaimed supercars in automotive history, the Nissan GT-R is the ultimate expression of the Nissan brand and its "Innovation for All" philosophy. A multi-dimensional performance machine that lives up to the concept of "the ultimate supercar that can be driven by anyone, anytime, anywhere," the Nissan GT-R receives a number of engine and suspension refinements for the 2013 model year, all designed to enhance its already legendary performance.
"The 2013 Nissan GT-R once again sends a bold statement that it remains on the leading edge of international sports car design, technology and performance," said Brian Carolin, senior vice president, Sales and Marketing, Nissan North America, Inc. "It's our desire to keep pushing the envelope, to never settle for second best or second place - a philosophy that makes Nissan GT-R one of the most coveted and affordable supercars in the world today."
The major refinements to GT-R's renowned engineering masterpiece of an engine include improved intake efficiency, reduced airflow resistance including an enlarged air intake duct for the intercooler, and improved exhaust emissions efficiency and enhanced control. The engine is hand-assembled in a special clean room, similar to racing powerplant construction. As a result, horsepower is rated at 545 hp, an increase of 15 hp over the 2012 GT-R's 530 hp. Similarly, torque has been increased to 463 lb-ft from 448 lb-ft.
Transmission shift feel and quietness have been refined through a strengthened design of the shift fork arm and a firmer fixing bearing for the flywheel housing. Also, high performance differential oil, used in GT-R motorsports competition, is now standard for production models.
In addition, the suspension has been retuned and a handmade dry carbon rear spoiler has also been added to the Nissan GT-R Black Edition model. Other enhancements include the addition of a new blue lighting treatment inside the tachometer ring to match the shift position indicator light, helping provide a more sophisticated cockpit atmosphere. A RearView Monitor is now standard on all models.
The 2013 Nissan GT-R is scheduled to go on sale at select certified Nissan dealers in January 2012.
About the 2013 Nissan GT-R
Following a major revision just last year, the 2013 Nissan GT-R is offered in two models - GT-R Premium and the GT-R Black Edition with special lightweight black aluminum forged RAYS® wheels, unique read and black interior, Recaro® leather-appointed seats and new dry carbon fiber rear spoiler. The 2013 Nissan GT-R is once again anchored by an advanced 3.8-liter twin turbo V6 engine matched with a high-performance 6-speed dual-clutch transmission. Engine efficiency has been improved for the new model year, which helps raise horsepower to 545 hp (versus the previous 530 horsepower) and torque to 463 lb-ft (versus the previous 448 lb-ft). The engine is hand-assembled in a special clean room.
GT-R is built on an exclusive Premium Midship platform, which enables the use of the world's first independent rear transaxle ATTESA E-TS all-wheel drive system. This system places the transmission, transfer case and final drive at the rear of the vehicle, optimizing weight distribution and maximizing handling capability.
Total vehicle adjustability is provided by a "set-up switch" located in the center of the instrument panel, enabling the driver to adjust transmission shifts, shock absorbers and the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC-R) among three settings - Normal, Special or "R," for ultimate handling.
The Nissan GT-R suspension has been retuned for 2013. The vehicle again utilizes a special Bilstein DampTronic system, and the braking system consists of Brembo full-floating drilled rotors, low steel high stiffness brake pads and Brembo monoblock six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers.
The 2013 Nissan GT-R's lightweight 10-spoke forged aluminum 20-inch RAYS® wheels feature a premium dark (near black) finish, which provides a high quality, high-performance look. They are mounted with Dunlop Sports Max GT 600 DSST CTT tires - P255/40ZRF20 in front and P285/35ZRF20 in the rear. The Black Edition features special metallic black six-spoke RAYS® lightweight wheels with Dunlop Sports Max GT 600 DSST CTT tires - P255/40ZRF20 in front and P285/35ZRF20 in the rear.
Nissan GT-R's aerodynamics were improved last year with increased downforce and the coefficient of drag reduced to 0.26 (from 0.27). A new front fascia with aggressive double rectifier fins and integrated high intensity LED running lights was also added, enhancing the car's strong visual presence. Other exterior features include high-mounted LED stoplights, bright LED rear combination taillights, "super wide beam" headlights, heated door mirrors and flat-blade windshield wipers. Six exterior colors are available for 2013: Deep Blue Pearl, Jet Black, Solid Red, Gun Metallic, Pearl White and a 4-stage metallic Super Silver.
Inside, Nissan GT-R's four-passenger cabin again balances functionality with a sense of ease and comfort. It features sculpted performance bucket seats for an optimal driving position, a cockpit-style instrument panel with a large center-mounted tachometer and multi-function display - which includes mechanical and driving information, as well as an on-board driving recorder, and carbon fiber trim. The Black Edition adds custom red and black Recaro® leather-appointed seats, red and black interior trim and a dark headliner.
A specially designed 11-speaker Bose® sound system with speakers mounted in rigid aluminum die cast panels, which provides sound quality suitable for a supercar, is standard.
Additional standard equipment for 2013 includes a RearView Monitor, Nissan Navigation System with XM NavTraffic® with Real-Time Traffic Information and NavWeather™ capabilities (XM® subscription required, sold separately), and Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System.
Safety equipment includes a Nissan Advanced Air Bag System for driver and front passenger, front seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags for driver and front-passenger and standard roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags for front seat occupant head protection - along with front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters and tension reducers, and three-point ELR/ALR rear seat belts.
JDM PRESS RELEASE
YOKOHAMA, Japan (November 7, 2011) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the 2012 model year Nissan GT-R, which goes on sale in Japan on November 24 at Nissan dealers nationwide.
(Note this press release is for the JDM model some info pertaining to model designation track pack and RHD does not apply)
Nissan GT-R Pure edition equipped with "For Track Pack" options
The Nissan GT-R is an icon of Nissan's pioneer spirit; it invented the concept of the "multi-performance super car" and made high-performance vehicles accessible to anyone, anytime, anywhere. Today, the Nissan GT-R continues to evolve; this latest version has improved features in terms of performance, efficiency and refinement to provide further excitement to drivers and passengers.The 2012 model year GT-R has improved maximum engine output and fuel efficiency (thereby reducing CO2emissions) by enhancing the car's engine efficiency. The 2012 MY model comes equipped with asymmetric suspension, multi-performance speed, and highly responsive driving performance which provide a stable, high-quality driving experience for passengers. Additionally, the custom option, "For TRACK PACK", inherits the driving DNA of the Spec V model to provide an alternative, more Spartan driving option for potential customers.The 2012 model year Nissan GT-R will be released in North America, Europe and other regions from January 2012 onward.2012 MY Nissan GT-R Overview1. Mechanical Features
Engine By improving the GT-R's engine efficiency, its fuel economy has been raised to 8.6km/L (tested under Japan's 10-15 mode) or 8.7km/L (in JC08 mode), while engine output has been significantly improved to 404kW (550ps)/6,400rpm with maximum torque of 632N·m(64.5kgf·m) from 3,200 to 5,800 rpm. Engine response and torque at mid- and low-speeds, and power at high revolutions, has been significantly improved, mainly due to:
- Improved intake efficiency - Air flow resistance has been reduced by adding an intake manifold fitted to the head of each unit and the use of resin in the enlarged air intake duct for the intercooler, and
- Improved exhaust emissions efficiency and enhanced control - Air flow resistance has been reduced through a more compact underfloor catalyzer which improves emissions efficiency and reduces weight. For improved exhaust valve cooling performance, a newly-designed metallic sodium-filled valve has been adopted. Valve control timing, the air mixture ratio and ignition timing have been improved as well.Transmission
- Shift feel and quietness have been refined through a strengthened design of the shift fork arm and a firmer fixing bearing for the flywheel housing.
- A high-performance differential oil R35 COMPETITION type 2189E (75W140), which has been used in motorsports, is now provided as a standard feature for every grade.Body
- By reinforcing areas mainly around the rear part of the engine compartment and dash panel, together with increased engine output, more responsive handling and a greater sense of the vehicle's grip on the road are transmitted to the driver.
- More precise production methods, accompanied by advancements made in the vehicle body, have improved the inter-vehicle detection capability. This was achieved by changes in the positioning of the sensor and more rigid, highly-damped vehicle body, and by adding a more accurate acceleration sensor in areas with higher sensitivity in the vibration testing of each vehicle body.Suspension and brakes
- Considering the added weight of the driver on the right side in a right-hand drive vehicle and that the propeller shaft for front wheels is located on the right side of the vehicle, the GT-R's suspension has been set asymmetrically for the left and right sides. For the front suspension, a harder spring rate on the left side has been set. For the rear, the suspension arm has been installed upward on the left side and downward on the right for an imbalanced wheel load when the car is stationary, but is equalized during driving, providing improved responsiveness and smoothness which the driver feels when steering, as well as enhanced cornering stability and riding comfort.
- NCCB (Nissan Carbon Ceramic Brakes) are available as a factory-installed option for the GT-R Premium Edition and EGOIST grade. These brakes accentuate the car's agile road hold and supple ride feel through a dramatically-reduced spring weight and refined, sharp braking performance unique to carbon ceramics. (In addition, service parts prices for the rotors and pads have been reduced.)2. Interior
The quality feel of the meters placed in front of the driver have been enhanced for a more sophisticated atmosphere in the cockpit by adding blue lighting inside the tachometer ring to match the shift position indicator light.
The Bose® sound system woofers have been changed to Bose® Precision Sound System woofers that were developed for the EGOIST grade to further enhance sound quality.