Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and didn't find a spotted thread for IL. I apologize in advance if I missed it, otherwise here it is!

2 weeks ago: At the gym I spotted a black GTR on silver/polished lip wheels (21"?).

Last night: My wife told me chatted with a very nice couple in a black 2010 GTR at the gas station. She was happy to meet humble owners (we rarely see any GTRs around, and most of the time just get taunted by base model mustangs/chargers when we drive)! Personally I think she's happy to be a part of the GTR club... much like Costco. Then again, I love Costco...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me neither. However at old orchard today, I did have have someone tell me his 350z is "pretty much the same car" minus a turbo kit, rear seats, and awd. Close enough right?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Me neither. However at old orchard today, I did have have someone tell me his 350z is "pretty much the same car" minus a turbo kit, rear seats, and awd. Close enough right?
Yeah someone I grew up with made similar comments about his car. Then it blew up after adding a turbo kit and he ended up selling it LOL

·
Registered
58 Posts
I live in Schaumburg and have a '09 SS. I'm always on the lookout for other GTRs, but never have seen any in Schaumburg. I have seen 2 black ones in the Roselle area and a white one up north near Wauconda.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Two here in Bloomingdale/Roselle

2009 Alpha 9 and a 2013 black edition.

·
AllYourBoostAreBelongToUs
358 Posts
2009 SS in Frankfort

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey Mark, I think thats my white GTR you mention up by Wauconda. Is it the one with the GTR logo and stripe down the side? If so, yeah thats me
I havent met you but I did talk with your brother at Thorton's last summer. Seems he borrowed your car to run up to the store (any excuse will do, right?!) Had a few teen boys creaming their boxers when they saw not one, but two GTRs at the gas station. Do u ever go to the Chicago Garage car meets in Carpentersville?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Mark, I think thats my white GTR you mention up by Wauconda. Is it the one with the GTR logo and stripe down the side? If so, yeah thats me
I havent met you but I did talk with your brother at Thorton's last summer. Seems he borrowed your car to run up to the store (any excuse will do, right?!) Had a few teen boys creaming their boxers when they saw not one, but two GTRs at the gas station. Do u ever go to the Chicago Garage car meets in Carpentersville?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using GT-R Life mobile app
My brother told me about that last summer. Lol. No, I don't go to the Chicago Garage meets. There is a local Chicago group I meetup with, but it's primarily because I also have a M3 ('03). BTW....my brother drives a Lotus Evora now. People also notice that car as much, if not more, than ours.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts