Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 566 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
UPDATE 1-8-2009

Ok guys, the signup/payment link is all setup on our online store.

I looks like we are going to have about 20 participants once all is said and done. We also have to factor in some instructors/coordinators, and some general prep work for the event, so we are going to finalize the pricing at $425.

Keep in mind, if you attend any other typical track day, you are lucky to get 1 or 1.5 hours of track time, and you'll pay at least $300-$400 for it. In this event, the track will be wide open for 8 hrs, split between 2 or maybe 2.5 groups, so expect more track time than you can probably consume.

We are all looking forward to a terrific event!

Last note, please ignore the security warning. Or SSL is registered to our old URL. The data is SAFE.

Please sign up through our website sooner, rather than later It helps us immensly with the planning process.

VIR date confirmed Monday, Feb 23, 2009

Forged Performance is joining forces with Nagtroc, and Koni Challenge team, Freedom Autosports, to coordinate an exclusive GT-R only track day. The Left Coasters just pulled off a wonderful track event at Buttonwillow, so now it's our turn to show the country what the East Coast GT-R's are capable of.

So VIR is the track location. We are thinking of a Sunday drive in, and Monday track day. DerekFSU has offered to host a meet and greet at his condo located on the grounds of VIR....baller!

For those of you that haven't attended a track day, prepare to become addicted. Track days, have often been refered to as the most fun you can have with your clothes on. And VIR is arguably, one of the top three road racing circuits in the country. All levels of drivers are welcome to join.

Last note, please ignore the security warning. Or SSL is registered to our old URL. The data is SAFE.

Please sign up through our website sooner, rather than later It helps us immensly with the planning process.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) [email protected] Atlanta Metro
2) EvOH8t3r
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Great....please go ahead and copy and paste, and add your location.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I would be up for it but what dates are you looking at?

·
Caretaker of GODZIRA!
2,679 Posts
Since drivers of all skill levels are invited, are there any plans for classroom and in-car instruction for those that have never tracked before? Won't they need to have an instructor riding with them?

While I'd love to go, and do have a few HPDE track days under my belt, I couldn't drive much more than a couple/few hrs to go to a track event. I wish you guys much success in putting this together!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Love to go, depending on dates. Definitely would love some on track instruction, as last track day was 8 years ago!

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Love to go, depending on dates. Definitely would love some on track instruction, as last track day was 8 years ago!
We are planning to have a driver's meeting, and classroom instruction. With a small group like this, there will be plenty of room for instruction, ride alongs, lead-follow, and some close instruction as needed. One of Derek's pro drivers worked as an instructor for the BMW Driving Experience, and there were be several hot-shoes on sight to provide more advice.

At the suggestion of Chuck, I am going to speak with Stacy King who runs Asphalt Ventures, and has hosted several track events at VIR.

Keep the comments coming guys. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1) [email protected] Atlanta Metro
2) EvOH8t3r
3) DerekFSU
4) MC
5) Jwilli1130
6) prov1
7) bfraz
8) STI2EVO2GTR
9) jaspergtr
10) OTAKM45
11) REK125

If it's not too much trouble, please copy/paste, and add your name. It's faster than having me go through and add each interested person. Thanks!

So it sounds like VIR is everyone's top choice for now. Keep em coming, and we'll throw out some potential dates.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
same as others, depending on the dates, im in!... im guessing spring right? since its cold as heck here

·
Vendor
1,293 Posts
I would suggest WGI.

I would be in for VIR depending on the dates. Are you aranging transport for long haul cars?

1 - 20 of 566 Posts