Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey guys,.well i got in my gtr today and notice that my gauge lights work except the one for the fuel,..has any one had that problem? do you all think its hard to get it fix?,..or should I just take it to the dealer?

this is what i mean, notice the needle does work!!

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Very common. Take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
796 Posts
very common at around that mileage... mine went off at about 11k miles too.. take it to the dealer, they will fix it for you..

but oh! check if they remember to put your glass (protecting the speedometer) back.. the dealer I went to forget to put it back.. LOL!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Very common indeed. Here is another thread that was started almost a year ago: http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=35448

My dealership will cover it under warranty without a problem. I am just debating whether I should wait until the new 2012 gauge cluster is available since they changed the color of the computer display from orange to blue.

·
NAGTROC - HOUSTON
1,090 Posts
CARLOS -- replacement of cluster takes about 4 hours. Have your dealer order new cluster and then set appointment. It might take longer in the valley. They have to have the odometer reset to your existing mileage so it might have to come to Houston to have that "burn-in" done. Find out the total time they expect; let me know, we can help you with a dealer in Houston.

ps: your temperature gauge back light will be going out soon, too.

·
NAGTROC - HOUSTON
1,090 Posts
Oh crap this is not what I wanted to hear. My fuel gauge backlight is flickering off then back on now @20k mi.
It appears to be the same early vin numbers as the steering lock problem. It's under warranty; I fear for those owners who aren't driving them enough to make the problems appear. Come 36 months and the warranty disappears and the problems lurk.

G

·
That's not what I'm wanting to hear. Mine just went out and had it replaced at 5k miles. Have they fixed the problem or do I have this to look forward to again in another 5k miles?

very common at around that mileage... mine went off at about 11k miles too.. take it to the dealer, they will fix it for you..

but oh! check if they remember to put your glass (protecting the speedometer) back.. the dealer I went to forget to put it back.. LOL!

·
Registered
746 Posts
That's not what I'm wanting to hear. Mine just went out and had it replaced at 5k miles. Have they fixed the problem or do I have this to look forward to again in another 5k miles?
You know, I was wondering the exact same thing. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they have fixed the problem, especially since it is almost always the gas gauge that goes out (meaning that it should be easier to figure out the cause).

Replacing so many of them is costing Nissan some money (parts and labor) so they also have an incentive the fix this problem permanently.

·
Registered
63 Posts
mine just went out today.its 13500miles on it.by the way my fuel economy screen doesnt works either.it has blank only.sometimes it works.
My temp and gas gauge are out and I thought it was the fuse! I guess not. In to the dealer. I have about 13K miles on it.

·
Premium Member
4,308 Posts
It flickers first, then it spreads like a disease. Mine reached to a point that the gear indicator started to flicker.

The dealer will replace it for you under warranty, but the milage will go back to zero. ( on mine it did )

So a tip to the guys buying a second hand GTR, ask for service history, see if the cluster been changed on the car that you are buying. A dealer could claim its a new car, so beware.

1 - 20 of 262 Posts