Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
Really nice to see Toyota's back in the sports car world, are those tail lights Euro specs as well? I wonder if ours will be similar.

·
Founder/Admin
26,473 Posts
Really nice to see Toyota's back in the sports car world, are those tail lights Euro specs as well? I wonder if ours will be similar.
JDM has them so who knows..... but they sort of remind me a bit too much of the celica...

also i hope its not gonna loose the cool piston 86 badge .

i wish they would badge it a toyota here and not scion..... its already a little anemic and marketing it scion i think is going to further diminish it and the whole theme of it being a throwback to a purist sports car might get lost in the whole scion image that is portrayed here in the US...

i am looking forward to test driving one...but it will probably be the subaru version

·
mein teil
168 Posts
So far I like the BRZ STi Concept the best. That 86 boxer badge is pretty cool. I wonder who engineered the six speed for it. From the pictures I have seen, Reverse is up by 1st, which is unlike any STi six speed I have seen. It is usually by 6th with a lockout.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
fair bit of ISF in there

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I actually like this car a lot. Could see this becoming my next dd (after initial hype and crazy price markup subside).

Any word on MPG or price in the US???

·
Registered
271 Posts
I like the inside look from the OP. The 2nd interior of the black one looks ugly. I think Toyota should of did something like ford did with the mustang and Chey did with the camaro. They should of brought some of the old 86 style back. I still think the old 86 still looks stylish, with it flip up head lamp.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
That would have been a good idea, Toyota did it with their FJ cruiser so a retro 86 would have been perfect.
I like the inside look from the OP. The 2nd interior of the black one looks ugly. I think Toyota should of did something like ford did with the mustang and Chey did with the camaro. They should of brought some of the old 86 style back. I still think the old 86 still looks stylish, with it flip up head lamp.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'm not 100% sold on the taillights, but at least Toyota is back in the game. Curious to see if Subaru uses the exact same engine with the same output.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
I'd buy it if it were cheap but if its prices any where near 25k I don't think it would be worth it.
Yeah... I'm thinking closer to $20K than $25K would be appropriate for the class/power/etc and maybe topping out around $25K if you load it up with options. More than that and there are a bunch of better options out there.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wow, they so messed this car up. The concept was so tempting, but this. I'll pass!

The body seems to fit Subarus better IMO. Hopefully they don't mess that one up as well.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.