Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,211 Posts
It is against North American Nissan policy to even bring your GTR in their garage with out a certified GTR technician on staff. Even then, it is that particular tech that has to drive it into the bay.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
2 hour drive..
il talk to them before I decide to do it
maybe just buy the oil there and go to certified dealer
I could see this being a possible dilemma with a new car, but yours is a '10 like mine right -- no warranty left? I wouldn't drive 2 hrs for an oil change just for a "GT-R tech", that's for sure. It's a very easy DIY process post '09 as well....my buddy's '09 on the other hand, is a pita

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could see this being a possible dilemma with a new car, but yours is a '10 like mine right -- no warranty left? I wouldn't drive 2 hrs for an oil change just for a "GT-R tech", that's for sure. It's a very easy DIY process post '09 as well....my buddy's '09 on the other hand, is a pita
I have 2 years after market warranty.. will not void the warranty.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Does this aftermarket warranty specify that a gtr tech has to do an oil change?

I'll bet no

·
2014 Black - Black Edition
196 Posts
When did toque get the GTR? And congrats....don't forget Nathan.

Sent from my iPad using GT-R Life mobile app
COBB Big SF Intakes
AMS cat less Down Pipes
Cobb Midpipe.
HKS Legamax cat back
ID 1000cc injectors
GotBoost IC piping
Tial BOV
OTS Tune for now...Dyno tune at Magnus coming soon.
2012 Super Silver Black Edition FBO - RIP

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When did toque get the GTR? And congrats....don't forget Nathan.

Sent from my iPad using GT-R Life mobile app
COBB Big SF Intakes
AMS cat less Down Pipes
Cobb Midpipe.
HKS Legamax cat back
ID 1000cc injectors
GotBoost IC piping
Tial BOV
OTS Tune for now...Dyno tune at Magnus coming soon.
2012 Super Silver Black Edition FBO - RIP
I got it on the 17th so almost a month

·
Warrant Officer
700 Posts
I'm thinking the Nissan dealership is not allowed to touch the car since nobody who works there is certified.. So, if anything were to happen, it would be on their hands, not the customer's, because the dealership should know better.

I buy the oil and filter myself (oil from Walmart for $28) and take it to an independent lube shop. They charge me $25 to do it, and they do a good job. It's actually a bunch of younger guys and they REALLY don't want to fuck the car up so they take their time with the panels and everything. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
I'm not clear what certification would be needed to change oil.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
you can take the car anywhere for a oil change, no one can force you to use a Nissan GTR dealer. Nothing can be voided for not using a GTR certified dealer. I take my car to the local Quick Car they have changed the oil for 3 years for 70 bucks. Nissan wants 269 for the same oil change. Just becuase i drive a GTR does not mean Nissan needs to rape me. If you pull up my cars history EVERY single oil change at that quick car is documented just like at Nissan. Why pay 200 more? Its a oil change its no harder then on any other car.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Well
I change my oil and I am not certified in auto repair.
My credentials are DAVDC and that is a certification.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Maybe Nissan have different conditions depending on country.
For warranty if it's not done at Nissan dealer then must be done at a fully qualified motor mechanic. We can not change the oil ourselves while under warranty

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.