Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this topic has been covered a million times, but I couldn't find anything on it.
I know that oil and filter are about $60. I really don't have the means or want to do it myself.
Is there anyway to get the dealership to do it cheaper? There is a really good local GTR mechanic at my local dealership. He said that's what Nissan wants the dealership to charge.

Options?

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app

· Founder
25,900 Posts
Bring your own oil and filter then try to align one of your changes up with your yearly POS to save on labor

Another option is to take your car to a drive over pit quick change location and bring your own oil there too. I used to do it in my 2012 and it would cost me 44.95 at the local quick lube. It's not rocket science and I felt comfortable with them doing it as its like 8 bolts and a panel removal

· Registered
536 Posts
I'm sure this topic has been covered a million times, but I couldn't find anything on it.
I know that oil and filter are about $60. I really don't have the means or want to do it myself.
Is there anyway to get the dealership to do it cheaper? There is a really good local GTR mechanic at my local dealership. He said that's what Nissan wants the dealership to charge.

Options?

Sent from my iPhone using GT-R Life mobile app
I've had 2 oil changes on mine and paid $85 and $90, so $60 seems extremely cheap. I'm sure there will be others who have gotten pretty cheap oil changes, but I'd bet most are $80+. I'll scan my receipts and email them to you if you like so you can bring it to your dealership to tell them that others are doing it for that much. If they say no, tell them to screw off. Buy the oil + filter and take it elsewhere. Nissan of Reno wanted $165 and I basically laughed at them.

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
Bring your own oil and filter then try to align one of your changes up with your yearly POS to save on labor

Another option is to take your car to a drive over pit quick change location and bring your own oil there too. I used to do it in my 2012 and it would cost me 44.95 at the local quick lube. It's not rocket science and I felt comfortable with them doing it as its like 8 bolts and a panel removal
Totally agree

· R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,487 Posts
Oil and filter is less than $60 also. At Walmart the 5 gallon jug of mobil 0w-40 is $22-$25 and the additional one is less than $9 or $8. Then the filter is like $6-$8 at Nissan parts. Someone should do it for 30-40 on top of that, if that...

· NAGTROC Photography
2,400 Posts
Depends on the dealer, the one I have been going to says he (service manager) charges the same no matter if it's an Altima or GTR
There's no way that's true. I haven't written up a GTR oil change though but I think $150 sounds about right for our dealership, as well. It may be less, but I don't know for sure.

· Registered
254 Posts
I buy the oil from walmart, Take the car to the dealer.
Dealer charges $26 for oil change including filter.

All in all, about $55 out of pocket for oil change.

· Make soap.
304 Posts
Oh geez wrench on your own car. It's $40 to diy. What happened to when men enjoyed working on cars.

I buy the oil from walmart, Take the car to the dealer.
Dealer charges $26 for oil change including filter.

All in all, about $55 out of pocket for oil change.
^just do this.

· Registered
3,587 Posts
Buy a set of race ramps and DIY and save lots of money! I do mine for around $30. $23 for a 5 quart jug and a filter. You can also remove the filter from the top of the engine without removing the lower panel, just use lots of old rags or T-shirts to collect some of the oil spill as you remove and bring up the filter.

Yes the ramps are around $300, but they pay for themselves after a few oil changes!!!

· Registered
84 Posts
Buy a set of race ramps and DIY and save lots of money! I do mine for around $30. $23 for a 5 quart jug and a filter. You can also remove the filter from the top of the engine without removing the lower panel, just use lots of old rags or T-shirts to collect some of the oil spill as you remove and bring up the filter.

Yes the ramps are around $300, but they pay for themselves after a few oil changes!!!
�

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.