Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if I have to bring it to a dealer to keep warranty intact.
Don't want issues down the road.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
its definately not a bad idea to have a good relationship with your local dealer. When there is a warranty issue sitting in the grey area, having a good history of getting your car serviced regularly could make a difference for ya!

Scott

·
Founder/Admin
26,150 Posts
not required but what scott said would be my advice aswell

·
Registered
396 Posts
I purchase my oil & filter from the dealer... and do it myself... keep all the receipts with the books... and have never had any issues.

If you're competent... do it yourself...

Dave

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
I purchase my oil & filter from the dealer... and do it myself... keep all the receipts with the books... and have never had any issues.

If you're competent... do it yourself...

Dave
I do the same. Changing the oil on the GTR is really simple. Just keep the receipts and log the dates of service.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I do the same. Changing the oil on the GTR is really simple. Just keep the receipts and log the dates of service.
Does this need to change to "Changing the oil on the GTRs after the 2009 model year is simple"? I believe the first model years had a portion of the undercarriage that needed to be removed and could be pain.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Between 150-250, depending on the dealership. The cost can be significantly reduced if you buy your own fluids at a better price.

·
Super Moderator
3,569 Posts
I change my oil every 1600 miles myself.

I don't trust the dealer.
I may be mistaken, but I got my first Dealer oil change for free (0W-40 Mobil One) and the invoice was like $111.00, with an off-setting full credit, so it was free; bought the car there. So I'm guessing $150-200 seems high...

The killer is the future trans-oil change. They already advised me that even though I might specify/bring in a different (better) trans oil, they say the warranty is affected, if they put anything in other than what Nissan wants. I think $1000 or more is in the future, with the specified trans oil...

Alexd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts