Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I came from owning a 2008 M3 with manual transmission. I never track it and daily drive it shifting between 3500 to 4500 rpm. Sometimes I would shift more agressively depending on my mood. The thing used to burn 1 quart of oil every 3 thousand miles. it did not come with a dip stick. the computer would tell me when to add oil. Since I don't know when the oil light will come on, I always had to carry an extra quart of oil in the car for when it does tell me. I now have a 2012 BE gtr and need to know what the oil comsumption is for daily driving in automatic mode and once in while in manual mode shifting between 4500 to 5500 rpm. Can anyone share with me when to expect to add oil or should I just stick to POS schedule.

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
thanx for answer because i found very low oil level today ! nearly to L-position ! i drove around 2 miles from last oil change ! and i never see this problem before !
When was your last oil change?

How modified is your car?

I have seen some big turbo cars move some oil. PCV sucks in a bit of oil that is whipped up in the crankcase.

·
Super Moderator
9,147 Posts
I have done an oil change every 5000km myself on the car and in three years have never needed to top it up. Listen to what ShawnHayes and SeanM have to say. They know these cars inside out.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Nearly L on the dipstick, and L on the dash checkup is only about one quart.

For that kind of turbos and likely some drag usage (590 whp on the dyno from time to time) that amount of usage is normal.

No need to track it down. The turbos and cylinders are consuming it. No worries.

Shawn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.