Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught this on YT. This has to be one of the most remarkable GT-R laps this
side of the 7:29. Check out the track usage! and on cold tires!

Even more remarkable if this is one of the students. (Confirm anyone?)

The lap times in at around a 1:43 despite using the dead-stop turn 14/15 configuration.

Autozeitung/Autobild use the open-chicane turn 14/15 configuration which cuts about
2 seconds away from a lap time.

You see the dead-stop configuration at 1:27. The open-chicane config is the way he exits
when he finishes the hot lap.

·
Registered
119 Posts
It looks like a modified course though.

Someone get on the horn to Al Castignetti and find out when we get our US Race Academy.

C'mon.

This is for f'in pre-orders? We are owners. Step up Nissan. Geez

·
Registered
19 Posts
Even more remarkable if this is one of the students. (Confirm anyone?)
If it was one of the Race academy students, they would of been wearing their GT-R helmet which the driver in that clip wasnt. My guess is its one of the instructors.

Still a hot lap though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It certainly is one of the instructors.
All the students have GTR helmet, instructors don't...
It is the same lap (little bit modified Nürburgring GP track) as the lap we drove on our Race Academy day (I was there on October 6th and it was wet, but it was still awesome)

Just to edit something...
After seeing the youtube video, I went to see my video (we all got the videos on SD cards, and as I can recognize, it is the instructor I was driving with... (youtube video isn't clear enough, but I am 80% sure

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it was one of the Race academy students, they would of been wearing their GT-R helmet which the driver in that clip wasnt. My guess is its one of the instructors.

Still a hot lap though.
its an instructor ( spot the GTR fleece)

some say, one of the instructors is The Stig........

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like a modified course though.

Someone get on the horn to Al Castignetti and find out when we get our US Race Academy.

C'mon.

This is for f'in pre-orders? We are owners. Step up Nissan. Geez
Yeah it is modified. The GP circuit is configured to be split in half (actually about 2/3 to 1/3).
This is the track day configuration (the 2/3) but with a tighter turn 14/15 setup.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Still a hot lap though.
Cool, I thought it would be an instructor. I was stunned by how much track the guy
was using, bumps, rumble strips and all. The car was just completely stable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts