Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I went for a drive today, nothing better than carving thru the back roads on a beautiful sunday morning. We stopped for a few pics and lunch before going home to put them under the covers

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
It's actually a great winter car......

·
Registered
802 Posts
Not yet!!

drive em until the first snow fall. This time of year is the best for driving. Cool and no bugs .

very nice rides

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
i agree... then time for my reliable SUV/4matic....

·
Registered
914 Posts
The real pleasure of the GTR is driving it everyday. I drive my car in all weather.Being in NY gives me all kinds of weather.I actually drive the car all winter as well, I have a BMW X5 and a Jeep Wrangler for the nasty heavy snow and ice but if the roads are clear i am on them. The heated seats and interior climate control are so good you will feel like you never left home. I am 54 years old and i made a decision a long time ago that i would enjoy life before it passes you by. It happens real quick while you are not watching! Take my advice,The car is made to be driven.Drive when you can because you never know when you are the car will run out of gas!!!!Enjoy my fellow GTR owners!

·
Registered
914 Posts
By the way i also have a Porsche 911 and you can not drive that car in bad weather.Thats what make the GTR my go to favorite car!

·
R33 Member
958 Posts
Snick - Glad you feel that way..you're right, the AWD capability of the GTR allows it be driven all year round. I'm glad i have the choice of driving it in Westchester, NY where i am from when winter can be harsh, though with heavy snow i definitely would have to go with my GL450 or even my C300 Sports 4Matic...cars, i enjoy to drive besides my GTR.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Carig,
Sounds like you and i have the best of all worlds when it come to our driving situations. Most people would consider their daily drive as boring,i see it as a daily pleasure and adventure.Hope you have great holidays and hope that someday our paths may cross.2010 SS GTR

·
Registered
282 Posts
davett-

Nice pics. I'm with you- I bedded mine down this weekend, and reduced insurance coverage this morning. It's too nice a car to subject to the salt and gravel here in Calgary. Where are you in Massachusetts? I went to grad school at UMASS Amherst many moons ago.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The real pleasure of the GTR is driving it everyday. I drive my car in all weather.Being in NY gives me all kinds of weather.I actually drive the car all winter as well, I have a BMW X5 and a Jeep Wrangler for the nasty heavy snow and ice but if the roads are clear i am on them. The heated seats and interior climate control are so good you will feel like you never left home. I am 54 years old and i made a decision a long time ago that i would enjoy life before it passes you by. It happens real quick while you are not watching! Take my advice,The car is made to be driven.Drive when you can because you never know when you are the car will run out of gas!!!!Enjoy my fellow GTR owners!
Well said. Enjoy everyday like it's your last.

·
Registered
914 Posts
How true,I bought it to use it not just look at it.It is by far the best all around,all season car on the road.Hands Down!

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Good on you for storing the car, so it avoids the ravages of winter...

I grew up in upstate western NY & know what salt can do to a car. I'd never consider driving anything so nice through a winter if I still lived up there. Also, I'd never buy a high-line car that's seen winters--never...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
whoever "puts it away" for the winter-- might as well sell it and buy a poster...
Really ? don't hate on me just because I don't want to drive them thru the salt although I've driven my share of nice cars thru the winters in the past(C4S cab, E92 M3, 997 turbo etc). I have the option of not doing that anymore and rather use the winter beater for the commute and home depot runs, matter of choice

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
davett-

Nice pics. I'm with you- I bedded mine down this weekend, and reduced insurance coverage this morning. It's too nice a car to subject to the salt and gravel here in Calgary. Where are you in Massachusetts? I went to grad school at UMASS Amherst many moons ago.
My 2 boys are @UMass Amherst now, one came home for the weekend and we went for a drive

·
Registered
153 Posts
Really ? don't hate on me just because I don't want to drive them thru the salt although I've driven my share of nice cars thru the winters in the past(C4S cab, E92 M3, 997 turbo etc). I have the option of not doing that anymore and rather use the winter beater for the commute and home depot runs, matter of choice
Was not talking about home depot runs. Talking about "covering it for the winter" personally I drive the wheels off all my cars... not interested in protecting them in any way for the next buyer...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I don't ever put my car "away" for winter, but I drive it significantly less. After the first snow the roads are covered in rocks and sand and it's just constant abuse on the soft paint. I let my truck take the brunt of the winter.

Car looks great btw, and so does your sons M1. Must be a blast taking them out together.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.