Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Hi everyone,

Well - Erik and I braved the early morning chill and made our way to the track - likely for the final time this season.

Erik with his new tune and most importantly his new tires - Both were awesome! From 1.9's to 1.6's and also - most awesomely - from 11.3's to 10.8's!!!

Erik has joined - consistently - the 10 second club with multiple passes Sunday - congrats Erik!

I also did quite well. After learning how to drive a GT-R and a revision to my pump fuel map (without increasing boost) - I managed three consecutive passes of 10.3. My MPH peaked at 142.55 MPH. I'm actually hoping Erik has that slip as I can't find it (I've attached the 142.31 slip) - as it had my best time of 10.31 @ 142.55 MPH (Erik?).

The next two passes were 10.37's. I was on a roll and then a car broke down at the tree (pieces of his car were being picked up).
They appeared to mop it up - but something got on my tires and I started to run high 10's and even an 11 flat. I almost went sideways on one pass.

Oh well.

Unlike Erik - I did not have new tires or LC. So my best 60 foot was 1.91X.

The weather also played a part as the frost in the cement became water when the temps rose. My first five passes were awesome 10.5, 10.4, 10.3's x 3. No MPH was lower than 141 MPH. After about 1145 (and the oil incident) - things got hairy for me.

Slips attached - as you can see on both slips the 1/8 MPH is off in the right lane. Erik - put yours up as well for all to see!

After seeing the tire combo Erik has - I will copy him (Nitto 555R's on the back and Invo's on the front). Launch control will also be in place by then.

More vids coming (big time) next season!

Cheers!

Brown Handwriting Font Musical instrument Wood
Brown Handwriting Rectangle Font Tints and shades

Attachments

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Wow, east coast is killin' it! We gotta step it up

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Wow, east coast is killin' it! We gotta step it up
Lol - we are certainly trying to...I'm not asking this facetiously - but are there any runs from the boys from the West Coast? Any good 1/4 mile tracks etc?

Next year I think we will see even more people going to the track as NickTo has his HKS GT800+ monster ready to go - and Mike as well with his SJL 900.
Erik's hybrid car who went (and usually goes) with me is a consistent 10 second car...
We also have at least four 2012's that are coming back as well...

I know there's an R1K out there in Vancouver as I spoke with him many times before getting mine...

Let us know and maybe we can start a quartermile thread for next season - all in fun of course...;) I know most GT-R guys are road course people - but even Mike who never really ventured to the 1/4 mile side found it alot of fun...Plus its always fun to snack on every other car there...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Correction, my setup is an SJL900 not AAM lol

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
amazing stuff jeremy, very jelous of ur runs, looking forward to next year

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
amazing stuff jeremy, very jelous of ur runs, looking forward to next year
Thanks big Mike! I know that when your car is ready - we will tear it up together! Next season is going to be CRAZY!

Let the American cars beware!!!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm sure theres a big market in in and around Vancouver that I'm not aware of but as far as Alberta, I don't think anyone has hit 10s yet. Our elevation is so harsh here, BTOWN has his custom tuned, full exhaust/intake GT-R and he ran an 11.6 or something like that. Tough to get good numbers out here, and our tracks aren't the best. There, excuses are out of the way hahaha

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sure theres a big market in in and around Vancouver that I'm not aware of but as far as Alberta, I don't think anyone has hit 10s yet. Our elevation is so harsh here, BTOWN has his custom tuned, full exhaust/intake GT-R and he ran an 11.6 or something like that. Tough to get good numbers out here, and our tracks aren't the best. There, excuses are out of the way hahaha
Don't worry about excuses - if the DA is terrible - its terrible, With all of that work that guy has and getting 11.6's - that's pretty crappy.

Maybe you should come down here to see what your car can do...;)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I wish we had some the tracks and weather that you guys do. The scene here for racing is pretty small, maybe because our summer season is too short for people to really get into it as more than just a hobby. Might have some better luck in Vancouver since they are sea level. I'm actually getting ready to store the GT-R this weekend because it could snow on us any day now. It would be interesting to see what my car dynos at here, my guess is around 440whp given that most readings were around 470. Next summer is gonna be big for me hopefully, if I can get a tune, full exhaust and intake, I think I have a good chance at cracking 10 seconds.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I think I have that slip Jer, but I don't have a scanner. I'll hold onto it.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
142? Nice... Mods?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
142? Nice... Mods?
Thank-you sir...

142.55 MPH was my best trap.

I have the Switzer R1K package. These runs were on pump gas - about 22.5 lbs of boost. No launch control (I have LC2 which doesn't even spool my turbos) and stock, worn rims and tires (and obviously full weight interior). Half a tank of 94 octane gas (same as US 93 Octane).

Over 800 awhp on a Mustang Dyno (although these runs are at about 750 awhp as we are still tuning for our gas - they are slowly bringing me up).

My best 60 foot (for the 10.31 @ 142.55 MPH was 1.918).

So - I think high 9's are reasonable with tires and LC (which should be good for at least a 1.6x 60 foot).

I will be testing the race fuel settings next season...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi everyone,

Going to the track this Sunday if anyone is interested...for sure the last run of the season...

I found someone video'd my second fastest run - 10.37 at 142.31 MPH...it's a solo run (less and less people want to race me now)...look how slow I am off the line...

Enjoy;

·
Registered
142 Posts
Very ool - will you take your care for a couple of runs?
I am not much of a drag strip guy plus my car is completely stock at the moment. But it would be interesting to see how much of a difference your R1K package is compared to stock. So I will make a couple of runs without launch control.

what time will you be there?

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am not much of a drag strip guy plus my car is completely stock at the moment. But it would be interesting to see how much of a difference your R1K package is compared to stock. So I will make a couple of runs without launch control.

what time will you be there?
Sunday for 11 AM...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts