Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,708 Posts
The large amount of dust on your touch screen is not normal.

· Registered
821 Posts
You can see up to about 203 deg for the coolant and about the same for oil temps while sitting in traffic on a hot day. Transmission tends to get into the early 200s as well sitting in traffic. But if you're moving you should be in the mid 170s on both oil and coolant and in the 180s to low 190s for the trans.

· Registered
1,041 Posts
200-205* normal for trans and engine temp when racing/driving aggressive/hitting 140mph?

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
I put a water wetter in and my car runs at 172 coolant temp now.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ Good to hear .. thank you guys.

Oh one more thing ..umm instead of starting a new thread, would you mind answering this real quick ? :
Since US model GTRs are one year lower than the global .. for example 2013 US model year equals 2012 on other markets, so does it mean that 2013 US GTRs are 530 hp ?!

That's all thank you ..

· Make soap.
304 Posts

Interesting, might have to try that out

· Registered
2,508 Posts
200-205* normal for trans and engine temp when racing/driving aggressive/hitting 140mph?
Not normal....If you drive that aggressive, it should be higher for the trans. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using GT-R Life mobile app

· Warrant Officer
699 Posts

Hmm.. That almost seems low (obviously depending on tune, etc.). Do you happen to know the temperature in which the stock thermostat is fully open? Being a ULEV vehicle, My guess would be 185-190ish?

· R35 member
3,070 Posts
I'm not sure. I know it used to average about 176 so the water wetter dropped it 4 degrees.

· Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^ Good to hear .. thank you guys.

Oh one more thing ..umm instead of starting a new thread, would you mind answering this real quick ? :
Since US model GTRs are one year lower than the global .. for example 2013 US model year equals 2012 on other markets, so does it mean that 2013 US GTRs are 530 hp ?!

That's all thank you ..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.