·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
Both are scams dude.

Is there an echo in here?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
low amount of photos and no info to seller. like a random name like Jim K for example. PROOF of spam ads

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
scams....

·
Pew Pew
659 Posts

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
how can anyone still think these types of listings are legit?
obviously people do as they wouldn't post them if they weren't making money....it's beyond me as well on how people fall for them....

·
Registered
30 Posts
obviously people do as they wouldn't post them if they weren't making money....it's beyond me as well on how people fall for them....
I'm not sure how anyone can even make money off of these scams. I would imagine 99% of GT-R buyers would go and check out the car before purchasing. I mean how many people would seriously write a check for 50k to someone to have a car shipped they have never seen or inspected? After spending the last 10 years in many different car communities,I would think high-end car buyers like those found in the GT-R community would be knowledgable and likely to be diligent. 50k is still high enough and out of the price range of many people so targeting any bottom feeders seems unlikely as well.....hope no one falls for this.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Keep in mind those people with the scam listing probably do not even know what a gtr is and do that with 100 different car models all over those ads. Maybe they just look for a small deposit, which could add up if they get enough fools.

·
Premium Member
3,581 Posts
My friend got scammed last year when he tried to buy a 2010 BMW X6. He wired the $45,000 to an account after he got the carfax, vin, and some documentation in LA. After a week he didn't hear from the "dealer" and figured it was a scam he rushed to Bank of America to find out the "dealer" bank account had a ton of money in it. After calling the Police and had the bank account frozen, the owner of the account called him to ask why?? Well that bank acc. my friend wired the funds to was a Jewelry company who sold a watch to the fake Auto dealer for $45k. I tried to shorten the story a bit but it's enough to show all that some things are too good to be true.

·
ACG Automotive
2,588 Posts
I'm not sure how anyone can even make money off of these scams. I would imagine 99% of GT-R buyers would go and check out the car before purchasing. I mean how many people would seriously write a check for 50k to someone to have a car shipped they have never seen or inspected? After spending the last 10 years in many different car communities,I would think high-end car buyers like those found in the GT-R community would be knowledgable and likely to be diligent. 50k is still high enough and out of the price range of many people so targeting any bottom feeders seems unlikely as well.....hope no one falls for this.
It's kinda funny you say that.... I just sold my 2011 S4 to a gentlemen in Washington for $52k and he never had a PPI done or have anybody come to at least look at the car.... We never even spoke on the phone, it was all done through emails. Not saying the above posted deals are legit, but some buyers are just very trustworthy people. I guess it didn't hurt that I only sell cars through forums and have quite a few good references to vouch but still, $50k+ is a lot to just take someones word for anything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My friend got scammed last year when he tried to buy a 2010 BMW X6. He wired the $45,000 to an account after he got the carfax, vin, and some documentation in LA. After a week he didn't hear from the "dealer" and figured it was a scam he rushed to Bank of America to find out the "dealer" bank account had a ton of money in it. After calling the Police and had the bank account frozen, the owner of the account called him to ask why?? Well that bank acc. my friend wired the funds to was a Jewelry company who sold a watch to the fake Auto dealer for $45k. I tried to shorten the story a bit but it's enough to show all that some things are too good to be true.
Wow...that's pretty clever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.