Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished up wrapping the GTR today in what we call Freedom Green. Same color we run on our Grand Am KONI Challenge MX-5's and Spec Miatas. Not done yet with the graphics and will take some more pictures at Road Atlanta this week. Technically, it's Porsche Sigal Green. Thanks Porsche. Being a car for the track, our goal is to stand out.

Attachments

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The wheels are CCW 505's and are just a prototype for testing out different tires. They're the other set made for Underpressure a few months back. Running 20x335's in the rear and 19x285's up front. Excited to see how it handles on the track. The wheels are all about saving weight. These signifiantly wider tires still saved us 3 lbs per corner and these are thicker walled wheels than they need to be. Once we get the tire sizes right, there's another 16lbs that can be cut from the prototype wheels- http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles...lay.php?id=505a

It's a track car. Bright colors are easier for photographers to catch. Reds, yellows, and blues were well covered my several teams so we went with green. You can see us on Homestead and MidOhio Grand Am here:
http://www.grand-am.com/koni/schedule/

The splitter will find color, just ran out of material and not sure what color we'll use.

Goodwood, yes the entire car is wrapped in signal green vinyl. Makes for returning to black a WHOLE lot easier. As well as fixing any little blemishes, scrapes, etc. We also run the Eagle, Globe, Anchor on the hood for the USMC. Below is our rig. At a minimum, they stand out in a crowd.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Hey one of your drivers has my first name!

Im sorry but the color scheme is a little too FnF for me. But you guys are actually racing these cars so its kind of like reverse rice, lol. youve obviously invested a lot of money in this stuff so im sure youre not about to change anything fast but you might want to try making the bird graphic green too but a different shade of green.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
derek,

Congrats!!! you're car will definitely stand out!!! at least its the color of money!
and i like the way it matches the renegade.

good choice on the wheels... CCW and John Purner are about the only game in this country that knows how to build a serious track competition wheel. i remember the man from my days playing with my viper. he is truly outstanding because of his contributions to the industry. those wheels are about as advanced in tecnology as far as money can buy. the nice thing about that man is that he's willing to work with you after the sale. great choice in wheels for competition

give me a call... we need to talk some more.

regards,

steve

btw... which car is faster around the track.. the GTR or the Noble?

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
looking very good regardless! im glad you choose the front splitter. im not to into the look anymore like i once was, but its got a great price and alot of downforce. the only other one that i would recomend next would be the autoselect front splitter because its agressive and has additional ducts for brake duct work, also proven downforce on the previous R34 they made. After that i would have to choose the top secret front lip, its great, doesnt look so wackey as the others, will offer downforce, maybe not as much as the two mentioned, but it has brake ducting/downforce ducts. The other alternative i see is the Garage Yawata front lip which is very beveled for more downforce, no ducts and it looks agressive, they havnet released it yet tho :(

the wheels i dont like, BUT i remember them from CCW and William showing them off on the R35! they are cool, just not on the R35 imho. plus i thought it was a really bad idea to run 19 on front and 20 on the rear? i dunno thats why im asking :p i guess as long as the diamiter is the same it works, i dunno, can someone explain?

the colors stand out, and i think it would be great with a black or dark grey, or even a matte grey wheel. i was thinking along the lines of some RPF-01's! :p those would look cool but they dont make 20's and im not sure of the offset issues it may have with anything in its sizes, they make those in black now and a nice matte grey (which is standard i belive), That miata is running them btw.

is that the APR wing?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im a former Marine Scout Sniper ;)
Thanks for your service! We chose Freedom as a very small thank you to all the troops who've been protecting us for the last 230 years. We then chose the eagle as it's our symbol of Freedom. We run the Eagle, Globe, Anchor for my brother in law who is a Major in the USMC out of Camp Le Juene.

We raise a bit of money for our charity- the Wounded Support Fund.

Steve, thanks for the wonderful CF parts! Great to cut weight, hated to cover it up. Very nice work but we need more weight reduction! Thanks.

Mindless, thanks. The CCW's are more bling than I prefer but it's about testing right now. The type of tire is most important to us. Maintaining the proper wheel radius and having to deal with tire size availability dictated that we needed to go 20" in the rear and 19" up front. If we could use just any tire then we'd probably go down to 19's or 18's all around for the performance boost.

I like Autoselect splitter but didn't really want to pay for CF and get wet CF- wasn't worth it in my opinion. Yes, CCW does great work. They are wonderful folks. Other than having our green and our eagle, I don't care about the look to much. All about the performance.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A few more shots right before it's loaded for Road Atlanta. But first, we'll be stopping at Forged Performance for a custom tune and testing of a few different mods on the dyno as well as a few different midpipes. Then to the track to tune the wing and try out several different brake pads.

Thus far, we have the Powerhouse Amuse front diffuser, Amuse Ti exhaust, Cobb AccessPort, CCW wheels, all the CF we could get from Password JDM, custom rear wing, Sparco CF seat, Takata 5 point belts, and a few other things.

The Noble is still faster, but we're working on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Any particular reason why the rear wing angle isn't adjustable? Or perhaps it is, and I'm not seeing the holes, or perhaps it's in the class rules to not have adjustability.

Stock suspension?

Would love to see what tire temps your getting at the different tracks, along with caliper/rotor temps. Give engine tuning to somebody else, I love chassis tuning.

Best of luck for the season.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.