Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on my way into work I received the CEL light and the Engine System Malfunction Error. When I got into work I checked for the specific code via my AP and was told the ECU had received a P0153 Front O2 Sensor, Bank 2 Response Monitoring. Is this fancy talk for a faulty/dead O2 sensor? Is this something Nissan should fix/replace under warranty? I have an 09 with 26k miles. Including the mods listed below.

Just took the GT-R out from its winter hibernation, and this has been my first CEL code. ever.

Thanks!

Joe

·
Registered
376 Posts
i had same code once after i filled up.. i would clear it and see if it pops back up .. mine kept popping up until i refilled at another gas station ..

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ive been having the same code last 500 miles. I cleared it. Only to come back in 300miles. My car came out of its winter hibernation 3 weeks ago.

I've the Switzer P800 on my GT-R. Ive never had this code before either. I too think its a bad 02 sensor and Im gonna try to get it fixed under warranty.

R

·
Registered
284 Posts
If u have a Cobb do it thru that - very easy

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was scheduled to bring in my GT-R to have the sensor fixed, and the code went away on its own. I didn't clear it, I just continued to drive the car like normal and the code cleared itself. Also, some suggested it might clear itself after the next fill-up but the code dissapeared before I could even refill it. Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts