Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, the P0175 code only seems to pop up after the car is warm and I let it idle for more than 5 minutes or so. I can drive the car for hours on end, in stop and go traffic and no codes are thrown, but if I stop at a gas station to run in and grab a drink it is almost 100% the code will pop when I read codes on the AP. The check engine light does NOT come on, the only reason I know the code is being thrown is that I check on the AP.

Year: 2014
Mods: Midpipe, HKS SQV 4 (stock were leaking), Dyno Tune
Idle Log: Attached
Troubleshooting: Checked the BOVs and surrounding vacuum lines for leaks by spraying soapy water on them.
Note: I don't see anywhere in the log that bank 2 goes rich but I'm far from an expert. I know this logging session is when the code was thrown. I checked the AP before idling, no codes, started the logging, let the car sit for 5 minutes or so, stopped the logging and checked for codes with P0175 showing up.

Any advice is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Nothing in the log stands out to me. Check the connections between the downpipe and midpipe and see if you have an exhaust leak from one of those two gaskets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing in the log stands out to me. Check the connections between the downpipe and midpipe and see if you have an exhaust leak from one of those two gaskets.
I'll take a look but wouldn't something like that show up on both banks, not just bank 2?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I'll take a look but wouldn't something like that show up on both banks, not just bank 2?
Way back when I had an O2 code that popped up for a specific bank, which ended up being the gasket. Can't remember if it was the same code you are getting, but worth a look. It will be very noticeable because you will have black soot where it is leaking.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What are you ST/LT fuel trims for both banks? Besides an exhaust leak I would assume sensors are dirty/damaged or leaking from the crush seal. Did you replace all next sensors when you removed the exhaust or reinstall old ones? Or did you just disconnect and leave all together? Also, what does the car sound/smell like? Any noticeable change in smell or tone?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts