Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Hey Guys!

Was just crusing along 101 north today and happened to get a code when I stopped for gas (the car was acting up a bit before then, not exceeding 8psi of boost). I've done some research and saw that DocNRock had the same issue way back in 2009: http://www.nagtroc.o...ic/35394-p0240/

I'm bringing it to the dealership tomorrow to see what's going on. From what I can see from the top -- all the connections seem to be in place. Hopefully we can do a little more digging tomorrow. Wish me luck

Link to datalogs: http://www.mediafire.com/?bayq7rfg7vl2cge

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running a MAF tune and it looks like I have to wait for the dealership. The technician has a bad shoulder right now and I'll have to wait until he gets better. Unless there is another mod-friendly dealership in the north bay.

Anyhow I double checked all the connections this morning. They look fine, the only part I can't check right now is the exhaust (downpipes). I don't have any cats -- but I would like to make sure it's well connected down there.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hopefully you get it sorted it out, let us know how it goes, Im surprised your dealer is willing to help you with all your mods! Your lucky.

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated the original post with the datalogs, I'm going to start to browse through them myself...

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Justin i dont see anything to warrant the code
probly a bad sensor? but the sensors read fine too
clear the code does it come rigth back?
Code comes back after a couple of starts; It's extremely frustrating when it puts me into boost-limp mode because it's dangerous. I have absolutely no where to take it to right now to inspect it... Sigh.

I did smell a bit of an exhaust leak -- I want to check it, but I have no place to inspect underneath yet. :|

·
Fast GT-R
3,129 Posts
are u over boosting?

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In datalog6.csv -- line 83 shows I'm boosting 19.25 psi on 91 octane. Seems a bit high to me: 18 psi is the max that I was tuned for, you can see my dyno sheet here. Not sure how relevant these spikes are. Does 18psi seem too high on 91 octane?

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The dealer is taking my car in tomorrow - they are going to keep me up-to-date with what is going on. I'll update as we move along.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I just posted a link abou this code last night. I got it after re-installing the engine. It is the only code in the ECU and now the car will not start at all. Any ideas?

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update:

Dealership couldn't find the issue. We don't have any shops up in Northern California that work on GTR's. I have no choice but to take it somewhere down south. I'm going to try and arrange someone to take a look.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
can you swap the right and left side sensors to see if the error code swaps to the other side too ? that will tell you if sensor is the culprit.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Its your HKS BOV that are causing the issue.

Looking at your logs the left and right boost levels stay way to high even after the main map sensor is in vacuum. This usually happens because the bov are adjusted to tight and can not release the air quick enough in the intercooler piping.

If you still have your stock ones I would swap them out and see if the problem stays... or try adjusting the hks ones

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its your HKS BOV that are causing the issue.

Looking at your logs the left and right boost levels stay way to high even after the main map sensor is in vacuum. This usually happens because the bov are adjusted to tight and can not release the air quick enough in the intercooler piping.

If you still have your stock ones I would swap them out and see if the problem stays... or try adjusting the hks ones
I'll try adjusting them -- you are awesome man! THANKS!

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
If its the new HKS SSQ then no they are not adjustable. I will never understand why they ditched the adjustment. Try installing your factory ones back on and see if that clears the code from coming up.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts