Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all done this on a few catless cars. Go to autozone and by a 2 sets of sparkplug non foulers
HELP! part# 42002 drillout two of them with a 1/2 drill bit. Bolt the drilled one inside of the non drilled one. Remove both rear o2 sensors bolt non foulers in o2 sensor bung drilled foulder out, install
02 sensor back in nonfouler, clear code and your done. It works trust me Ive done it on my personal car. Note: only for p0430 and p0420 cat codes if you have any other stored codes and dont fix them the light will come back on.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
on your GTR?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, Subie sorry I guess I should of clarified. The dtc logic for catalsyt efficiency and the rear o2 sensors function is the same on obd2 cars. The reason this works is the nonfouler allows only a small amount of exhaust gas to reach the 02 sensor, thus tricking the ecm into thinking the exhaust gas is clean. Ive done it on a few Nissans as well as Subarus. Its actually quite a common thing over on the Subaru side of things. I think the Accessport for the subarus takes care of this code for you though.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
This practice is pretty common on a lot of cars and is a great and easy fix. Good recommendation. It'd be nice if the GT-R parts makers would just add in extenders in their o2 bungs, but I'm sure they'll want to tack on a silly GT-R tax and make it a $500 option.

Looks like this:

Or if you don't have the tools to make your own, you can order them from www.roadraceengineering.com for $20/each. They are good people, I'll probably have them fab up an exhaust for my GT-R when I get one.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo.htm

·
Registered
58 Posts
So this is why after my DP install I keep getting a P0240 code? I never get a PO430 code so I only need to do the passenger side, correct? Thanks for posting this OP as my tuner indicated it was probably an exhaust leak causing it and I couldn't find a leak.

·
Registered
EU 2011 Nissan GTR Black Edition
1,073 Posts
Actually the code I'm getting is P2A00, so maybe my issue is different.
P2A00 Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 (bank 1) circuit range/performance

If you haven`t fixed it yet this is what you should be looking at.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all done this on a few catless cars. Go to autozone and by a 2 sets of sparkplug non foulers
HELP! part# 42002 drillout two of them with a 1/2 drill bit. Bolt the drilled one inside of the non drilled one. Remove both rear o2 sensors bolt non foulers in o2 sensor bung drilled foulder out, install
02 sensor back in nonfouler, clear code and your done. It works trust me Ive done it on my personal car. Note: only for p0430 and p0420 cat codes if you have any other stored codes and dont fix them the light will come back on.
Hi. Just wondering if you used this on your GTR. Trying to get mine to pass inspection by going back to Cobb stage 1 which should have catalys monitoring enabled. Currently on stage 3, but I don't have the oem DP to install.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Gotta use the minicats.

I just opened a Cobb Stage 3 map and they disabled P2440 and P2442. I opened up a stage 2 map and they disabled P0420 and P0430. I opened a stage 1 map and they did not disable any DTC's. If a stage 1 map isn't compatible because I assume you have 3" intakes, you might see if a tuner will send you a Cobb Stage 3 map for $50 that doesn't have any DTC's disabled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts