Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
returned from a 800km trip and everything was all good, when i got into my hometown however, did a lc4 launch without realising the car was in manual so I wasnt ready to shift up to 2 and it hit the limiter for a moment before i realised and pulled the upshift lever,

after driving for about 3kms to cool the tm down which i always do, it goes into limp mode as i change from 2nd into 1st, tc light on, cruise control light on, set light flashing, engin check light on and the message: "engine system malfunction, take to dealer"

manage to limp it home, turn it off and restart, engine check light still on so i use plx wifi to check the code = P0605 internal rom error

Any ideas? will be taking it through to the dealer tomorrow morning

(2011 MY/US 2012)

·
Registered
10 Posts
returned from a 800km trip and everything was all good, when i got into my hometown however, did a lc4 launch without realising the car was in manual so I wasnt ready to shift up to 2 and it hit the limiter for a moment before i realised and pulled the upshift lever,

after driving for about 3kms to cool the tm down which i always do, it goes into limp mode as i change from 2nd into 1st, tc light on, cruise control light on, set light flashing, engin check light on and the message: "engine system malfunction, take to dealer"

manage to limp it home, turn it off and restart, engine check light still on so i use plx wifi to check the code = P0605 internal rom error

Any ideas? will be taking it through to the dealer tomorrow morning

(2011 MY/US 2012)
i know on the fords PO605 is a checksum test code, and when you flash it with an aftermarket flash, the po605 code is turned off..... maybe its something similar with the GTR... is your car tuned?

·
COBB Tuning Firmware Engineer (Hacker)
1,615 Posts
The P0605 error code can mean two things on the GT-R. 1. Checksums are bad, 2. A table lookup over ran the valid range of a table. Which computer is the P0605 error coming from?

Joe

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input

@Rynez - Car is stock, took it to the dealer today and the tech said its the first time he got this code on a car, the manual states to reset and if it occurs again to replace the ECM so thats what he did

@Joe - No idea which computer the code came from but the car is running like normal so I am hoping it was just a random error, if it does happen again though the tech says to just bring it i and they will replace the ECM

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow...just one bang off the limiter and this occurs...
I dont think that was the issue, its happened before (i.e hitting the limiter) because with the 2012 model when you put the TM in R it doesnt reset to auto, I was accustomed to that happening on my previous 2010 model so i sometimes forget to put it in automatic for launches in which case i hit the limiter and then realise its still in manual mode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts