Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello all
Went on a small road trip and went to the gas station to top off before heading back home
Filled up and started the car and it showed the trans light and told me to goto the dealer cause of tcm issue
Car drove 100% fine and great up til that point

I scanned the car with my ecutek device (car has not been tuned yet I just have the device)

Car is stock 2014 just ticked 25k on the trip
Planning on getting a fluid and filter change on the trans in week (just ordered shep mix fluid) car has never been Launched either

My neighbor said he had a similar issue and that all he did was replace the sensors his was A and B I'm really hoping that is all it is

Tia

Edit, attached log at idle with TCM/ECM malfunction lights on, also showing LOW trans pressure on dash

Edit here is a video after I eventually got it started and moving
Trans temp around 140
Pressure is showing too
And I know the issue will return just trying to narrow
Don't want to spend 5k on a stage 1.5 if I don't need to

Attachments

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
240 Posts
A TCM data log could help pinpoint the problem. See what your Sensor A voltage reading is at idle.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
You have a pressure sensor thats failing.
Im hoping it is just that

My neighbor had something similar, but his was A and B, same exact symptoms he replaced some solenoids and it was fine after that.

I talked to Jacks, and he had mixed diagnosis as with a lot of the posts

First he said if the car is able to move when it is cold (like next day), it is the sensors, but if it does not move at all and I am stuck in 'neutral' it is a piston seal

Originally, I sent pics showing pressure was low and TCM malfunction was on, then after I started the car again, the TCM light was gone, but my ECM malfunction was still on, but I was able to go into 1st gear, and reverse, I made a video of it, I will try to upload on here, even though I am able to move and I show pressure, he says something else is the issue.

I am at a loss, only had the car exactly a year, and 6k miles into it >.>

All the posts I look up are either CBA, or super old posts with no update >.>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

So I was clearing the codes all wrong on ecutek, I did reset ecu, rather than go into the DTC menu and clicking 'x'

The codes are clear, the car drives, I only got it to around 130~ degrees, but I drove the car around the area for a bit, and no issues

attached is the log

This could have saved me a tow potentially if I cleared it correctly >.>

I am 99% sure this is a temp fix and will eventually come back, I am hoping it is just bad fluids (planned on changing very soon anyways along with the filter.

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
240 Posts
Drive the car around but as soon as an issue comes back up, clear the codes and do a log at idle to see if a sensor shows sporadic voltage that possibly corrects itself as the temp goes up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update:

After clearing the code, I drove it quite a bit with some logs

Shep, jacks, and my tuner said everything looked really good, voltage, pressure, shift points everything

I changed the fluid and both filters a few days ago, and did a few driving around town and WOT pulls for the tuner.

He said that things looked better than before, "really really good"

Going to flash his TCM map cause I hate stock shifting logic soon :)

Might have lucked out :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1k mile update since trans flush/filter change no issues

Car drives smoother with the fluid change though
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts