Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I JUST received another copy of my P600 tune from the original owner of my car (I had originally accidentally deleted it from my Cobb AP). I remember the car being silky smooth with the P600 tune but I have gotten use to the Cobb Beta Stage 2 map.

Does anyone know the specifics/similarities/differences of the P600 and Cobb Stage 2? My car originally came with the P600 (which included P600 tune, larger intercoolers, intercooler piping, billet BOVs, and HKS air filters) and I have since added a resonated midpipe and AAM intakes.

Given that I have added a couple new mods, should I switch back to the P600 tune or continue using the Cobb Stage 2?

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Cobb did release the BigSF maps that are meant for their 3" intake: http://accessecu.com/accessport/nissan/gtr/GTR-Maps-09-USDM-BigSF.html

Which Cobb map are you using? Is it the one meant for 3" intakes? Running 3" intakes on the beta maps may be dangerous. I believe the beta maps are meant for the older 2.75" intakes. A tuner should probably chime in...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I actually have the 2.75 intakes so I'm using the beta maps that work with stock intakes...the maps that I just received from the original owner were sent to him on March 2011 when he only had the P600 mods listed above. I just didn't want to step down on power if the Cobb Stage 2 made more power than the P600

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
I actually have the 2.75 intakes so I'm using the beta maps that work with stock intakes...the maps that I just received from the original owner were sent to him on March 2011 when he only had the P600 mods listed above. I just didn't want to step down on power if the Cobb Stage 2 made more power than the P600
Great! Phew.

The best way to figure out which one is better for your setup would be to do some data logging for both maps. You can find out which one is more efficient with your setup. Generally the Cobb Stage 2 maps already are pretty close to maxing out your injectors.

If you do some data logging, some of the tuners on here can take a look and see which one is best for your conditions.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
The Cobb stage 2 17.5 map only makes about 480awhp on a mustang dyno. It's definitely underpowered vs a custom tune. Your P600 map should be stronger. I know my Jack C map makes 50awhp more than the Cobb map....

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
The Cobb stage 2 17.5 map only makes about 480awhp on a mustang dyno. It's definitely underpowered vs a custom tune. Your P600 map should be stronger. I know my Jack C map makes 50awhp more than the Cobb map....
I got a map from Jack as well. Same midpipe. How are you launching your beast Church? I can't seem to get a good launch on the street with the Cobb LC2 3750. On R it want's to bog down a bunch and VDC off is just wayyy too violent. 4 tires light up and I get AWD clutch overheat.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
I don't use the Cobb LC2 because it can cause wheel hop and I love my transmission. ;)

I launch at stock LC2 levels and sometimes do the double pump.

If I did use the Cobb LC2 I think my car has a high 10.6 in it in a negative DA night.

Use Cobb's 3300 launch and mess with your CC settings in the 006. It's not plug and play. You need to adjust it correctly for your specific car.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I don't use the Cobb LC2 because it can cause wheel hop and I love my transmission. ;)

I launch at stock LC2 levels and sometimes do the double pump.

If I did use the Cobb LC2 I think my car has a high 10.6 in it in a negative DA night.

Use Cobb's 3300 launch and mess with your CC settings in the 006. It's not plug and play. You need to adjust it correctly for your specific car.
Yeah that's what I thought. I will probably just go back to the stock LC2. I can't get the 3300 or 3750 to work right. The 3300 wants to go to 3750 and the 3750 wants to go over 4k or not work at all. Thanks.

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Good idea biznaka. And as always, thanks for your help!
We have a dyno this weekend at fftec. You should bring both maps, you can try them out and see which one produces more hp and tq and do the data logging at the same time! You will be able to see visually which produces more power and also ensure that you are doing it safely.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Yeah that's what I thought. I will probably just go back to the stock LC2. I can't get the 3300 or 3750 to work right. The 3300 wants to go to 3750 and the 3750 wants to go over 4k or not work at all. Thanks.
Cobb's LC2 does not play well with stock run flats. It works very well with non RF tires though.

You could always launch the car while the tach swings up. You don't have to launch it at 3700 you know.

Also adjust your CC's to negative numbers and that will slip the clutch more.... don't give up dude.

It takes work to go fast.

·
SPI Performance Consultant
2,997 Posts
Church, that is on one of our installer's dyno. The MD that we use reads just a bit higher, closer to 400 for a stock 09-11 GTR.

·
Sophisticated
2,980 Posts
Church, that is on one of our installer's dyno. The MD that we use reads just a bit higher, closer to 400 for a stock 09-11 GTR.
So the big question is what is my car really making to the wheels….. 530 as per HP Logics Mustang dyno or about 480 as it would perhaps read on your dyno..... (My car made 450 stock on HP's dyno)

My car will trap 128+ even on hot nights. I think with that trap my car is probably putting out at least 520 to the wheels IMHO. I don't think a GTR with only 480 would trap 128 consistently do you? Do you tell yours customers your dyno is very conservative?

Did Jeff run his R900 on HP Logics dyno? I wonder what the difference was compared to yours...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts